JQ to launch CBR flights

Mattg

Enthusiast
Solutions
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Gold
When are you back? Looks like the launch has again been postponed from 2 to 13 December even though ACT came out of lockdown today...
All going well, 5 November. Although I don't believe QLD will be letting people in from down south anytime soon.

AIRwin

Solutions
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Gold
Looks like the launch has again been postponed from 2 to 13 December even though ACT came out of lockdown today...
Looks like the launch has now been postponed to 17 December in line with QLD border opening...

PLM

Joke of the year 😂

Politicians and public service are experts at avoiding Virgin, there is no way they would fly Jetstar if they could avoid it.

We need a maverick independent who knows how to use FOI to get the data and compile a table to get statistics so we can shame the QF sycophants.

AIRwin

Solutions
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Gold
Official announcement on the CBR airport website:

Bundy Bear

Established Member
Gold Coast and Brisbane were going to be prime markets out of Canberra for Jetstar, it keeps Virgin in check and Bonza if it ever gets going, can run mid day flights to not effect business traffic. Not sure how strict Qld are going to be on checking those that got a covid test before their flights.

Saab34

Established Member
I think CBR-OOL is a one market carrier, the times I’ve used it, it’s been pretty reasonably priced ($80-$100) and normally only 1/2-2/3 full.

Perhaps a CBR-CNS? I see they are giving Newcastle to Cairns a run at the moment. Probably a good Bonzo route otherwise.

Virgin Wines Australia Has Exceptional Red, White & Sparkling Wines On Offer. See Online. See Our Exclusive Wine Selections From Around Australia & Around The World. Shop Now! Advent Calendar 2021. Better Wines for Less. Cancel Anytime. No Membership Fees.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Mattg

Enthusiast
Solutions
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Gold
I think CBR-OOL is a one market carrier, the times I’ve used it, it’s been pretty reasonably priced ($80-$100) and normally only 1/2-2/3 full.

Perhaps a CBR-CNS? I see they are giving Newcastle to Cairns a run at the moment. Probably a good Bonzo route otherwise.

QantasLink is already doing CBR-CNS (or was when the border was open, anyway) with reasonably high yields. Why would Qantas cannibalise its own high-yield route?

jakeseven7

Solutions
QantasLink is already doing CBR-CNS (or was when the border was open, anyway) with reasonably high yields. Why would Qantas cannibalise its own high-yield route?

Agree - they would only do this if they run out of planes and if I recall correctly the QFLink fleet was 100% utilised prior to the NSW outbreak that spread everywhere… so suspect it must be getting close to 100% again, soon?

Jacques Vert

Established Member
Solutions
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Red
Agree - they would only do this if they run out of planes and if I recall correctly the QFLink fleet was 100% utilised prior to the NSW outbreak that spread everywhere… so suspect it must be getting close to 100% again, soon?
Don't forget they now have access to a whole fleet of E190s.

AIRwin

Solutions
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Gold
$69 Club Jetstar sale and also part of Weekend Fare Frenzy

Last edited: