Jetstar new route Wishlist

I vaguely remember someone mentioning MEL to RAR but that doesn't appear to have eventuated. Anyone seen/ heard anything different?
 
Elevate your business spending to first-class rewards! Sign up today with code AFF10 and process over $10,000 in business expenses within your first 30 days to unlock 10,000 Bonus PayRewards Points.
Join 30,000+ savvy business owners who:

✅ Pay suppliers who don’t accept Amex
✅ Max out credit card rewards—even on government payments
✅ Earn & transfer PayRewards Points to 10+ airline & hotel partners

Start earning today!
- Pay suppliers who don’t take Amex
- Max out credit card rewards—even on government payments
- Earn & Transfer PayRewards Points to 8+ top airline & hotel partners

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

I doubt it. It would be great to see a Melbourne–Osaka service, but I just can’t see it happening.

When it comes to travel between Melbourne and Japan or Korea, Melbourne often gets shafted. I’m always struggling to find direct reward seats from Melbourne to Japan, which often means adding several hours to the journey by transiting through another destination. It's a real pain in the backside, especially when heading back home.

I know this is a Jetstar thread, but I’d love to see ANA fly to Melbourne one day. That would certainly give travellers another great option for getting to Japan from backwater Melbourne.

Not necessarily, this summer JL will ramp MEL-NRT back up to daily year round and QF will increase flights from daily to 11 weekly from December - March. Thats a 31% increase in flights compared to last year. Well Korea is a different story, seems like its on and off with that one, I guess a seasonal service is better than none.

MEL-Japan seems to be a high yielding market, if QF is willing to bump up to 11 weekly, I hope they will try experiment a little and add MEL-KIX next summer and hopefully MEL-CTS down the line. But I'm really hoping we will see JQ open Japan exMEL... and ZIPAIR.
 

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back
Top