Japan and a Windy trip around the British Isles. | Page 9 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Japan and a Windy trip around the British Isles.

drron

AFF Supporter
We ate at the bar.Mrsdron had an cocktail of the day whilst I had a local beer.
She had a pasta carbonara.

Whilst I had a spicy beef soup.Boy was it spicy.

The pickled cucumber was great at settling the heat.
Sorry.Resizing didn't work this time.

Last edited:

Quickstatus

AFF Supporter
@drron ,

The air around the airport seems murky?. Was that pollution? Or just a quirk due to the window or lighting

amaroo

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Native photos from a phone, and more so from a camera, can make posts slow to load if there are a lot of photos and comms are slow. It's becomes really hard on in-flight WiFi. I lament that AFF doesn't have the option, at least on an iPhone, where you can choose actual, large, medium or low size when emailing photos. It makes it so much faster to choose, say, medium resolution.

On the road, I upload direct from my iPhone but most of my TR photos are from my camera and about twice the size of phone photos. In that case I do the TR in Word and use the Snipping Tool to massively shrink the size of the photos and they load in a flash.

I think @drron puts his photos through a picture-editing tool that shrinks them because his posts load quickly.
I'm a phone only poster. Just another reason to stay away from cruisers :)

tgh

AFF Supporter
Just another reason to stay away from cruisers

Indeed.. I am sure that you would feel really out of place ; even the best ships cannot provide your customary level of accomodation, and the people..Oh my.. almost anyone can buy a cruise ticket …..you might find yourself sharing space with very common humans.. good call stay away…. :D:D:D

amaroo

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Just another reason to stay away from cruisers

Indeed.. I am sure that you would feel really out of place ; even the best ships cannot provide your customary level of accomodation, and the people..Oh my.. almost anyone can buy a cruise ticket …..you might find yourself sharing space with very common humans.. good call stay away…. :D:D:D
Jeez, lighten up, it was a joke..... touchy!!! Ron rattled my chain over snails / Paris - I'm rattling his. I'm sure they can handle some humour. I'm not some stranger punching a keyboard.... I actually know them ;)

Last edited:

tgh

AFF Supporter
I actually know them

Yes I assumed that , and my response was not intended to be taken literally.. touchy is as touchy does..
Ordinary folks reading the thread who do enjoy cruising may have missed the humorous intent.
No wish to mess up the TR so this is my last word on the subject...

drron

AFF Supporter
So on to the actual food.First the salami quiche.Not much salami but that was probably a good thing.

And the caviar.

We both had the foie gras next.
Then the asparagus soup and palate cleansing sherbet.
Mrsdrron had the chicken and I had the beef.

drron

AFF Supporter
The beef was really good and came as ordered.

Then I had the cheese plate and mrsdrron the fruit.
I had the Tokaj with the cheese.

Then the pre landing snack.Mrsdrron just had the caprese which was beautifully presented whilst I had the short rib-more than a snack.
We both had the dessert.

All in all pretty decent food.

amaroo

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
I actually know them

Yes I assumed that , and my response was not intended to be taken literally.. touchy is as touchy does..
Ordinary folks reading the thread who do enjoy cruising may have missed the humorous intent.
No wish to mess up the TR so this is my last word on the subject...
You certainly went well beyond that, not sure why you did?

Your narky post - takes all the fun out of being an AFF member ... happy cruising!

In respect to the rons.... I'll vacate the space and thread.

Last edited:

drron

AFF Supporter
Boy I am getting old.Fancy forgetting the wines.
The Champagne was the Rothschilds.
Whites-I had a glas of the Chateau Latour and MrsD naturally the Sav blanc.
Red-I had the Chateau Fleur Cardinale.As it was so good I didn't try the others.
As stated also a glass of the Hungarian Tokaj.

AFF on Air Podcast

• jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...
  • Cheap Virgin Australia Business Class – AIR012
    Sat, 01 Jun 2019 03:05:28 AEST
      Find out how to get cut-price Virgin Australia Business Class tickets by buying and redeeming Etihad Guest miles! This episode also includes some listener Q&A and an interv ...
  • Star Alliance Status – AIR011
    Sat, 18 May 2019 09:39:41 AEST
      Find out how to easily earn Star Alliance Gold status with several different frequent flyer programs! This episode also includes an interview with John Blom, Australia’s ...
  • Premium Economy – AIR010
    Sat, 04 May 2019 00:21:32 AEST
      Premium Economy is a great compromise if you want a more comfortable experience than Economy, without paying for Business or First class airfares! In this episode, AFF’s ...
  • Hyperinflation of Points – AIR009
    Sat, 20 Apr 2019 04:49:59 AEST
      Frequent flyer points are a valuable currency, but they aren’t immune from hyperinflation! In this episode, Matt discusses why frequent flyer points are a terrible long-t ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joernos