Issue with Qantas earn rate

J

JamesAu

Hi all, looking for someone to either confirm I'm on the right track here or let me know if I have a math problem. I bought a flight for 2 pax on 13 November from qantas.com. I understand the current earn rate for the QF Ultimate card is 2.25 points per dollar. I spent $732.35 x 2 (because of the 2 pax) and the base rate plus bonus only equals 2,359 QF points. Surely it should be 3,295 QF points? I have been on the phone with two separate customer service ppl at Amex who don't seem to know what they're talking about and said this calculation is correct! See below for transaction and pts details.

Any guidance appreciated!

Attachments

• issue.JPG
    issue.JPG
    22.2 KB · Views: 36
Have you had a refund from Qantas lately (about $213 or so)? Usually the refund only reverses the base points earned (1.25/$1), but doesn't directly reverse the separate Qantas bonus (1/$1). Instead, when you next spend with Qantas, you just earn fewer points to reflect the amount of bonus points still retained from the refunded transaction, and it goes back to normal after that.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back