Is Qantas worth $1000 extra?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poguemahone

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2006
Messages
36
Points
0
Dave Noble said:
For $1000, I would try NZ . How much is UA? If you have status with QF , you can get a status match to UA and be able to get the Economy Plus seating which should be reasonably comfortable

Dave

whoops forgive the above wrong quote..

this is what I was after Dave!


QF Status = ? UA

thanks

pog
 

Mal

Enthusiast
Joined
Dec 25, 2004
Messages
12,386
Points
1,065
Yep, unless I really wanted/needed the SC's, I would find NZ a more than adequate replacement for Qantas on this flight...
 

bambbbam2

Active Member
Joined
Feb 13, 2005
Messages
857
Points
0
MR = Mileage Run

basically a week or weekend of only flying to bump up ones annual totals, usually to get bumped up in status for the next year..
 

drron

Veteran Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2002
Messages
28,884
Solutions
2
Points
4,040
To make it a little more difficult CX have just released discount fares to the USA and appear to me midway between NZ and QF.So if SCs important this could be OK.
 

Dave Noble

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2005
Messages
6,419
Points
0
Poguemahone said:
whoops forgive the above wrong quote..

this is what I was after Dave!


QF Status = ? UA

thanks

pog

Unless they have changed from doing matches

If you have Gold or Platinum QF status, you should be able to get UA Premier Executive
If you have Silver status, you should be able to get UA Premier

Dave
 
Vinomofo is the best wine deals site on the planet. Good wines, real people and epic deals, without all the bowties and bs.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Expon

Intern
Joined
Jun 3, 2006
Messages
67
Points
0
drron said:
To make it a little more difficult CX have just released discount fares to the USA and appear to me midway between NZ and QF.So if SCs important this could be OK.

I can't seem to find any fares under $4000 were there specific dates or a link I had to click? seems QF has reduced it tickets to below $2400 too
 

drron

Veteran Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2002
Messages
28,884
Solutions
2
Points
4,040
Bestflights has CX MEL-SFO at $1999 from april to june 08.
 

JohnK

Veteran Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
43,731
Points
3,070
I have been noticing anomalies with CX airfares recently. Their airfares to most destinations do not appear to be competitive anymore. They do not appear to be releasing as many specials.

I have looked at BKK-SIN return in business class and the cheapest I can find is ~A$1000. I was able to get this airfare in the past for <A$500.

Also BKK-MNL return in WHY and MNL-SYD return in WHY is pricing higher than normal. I cannot seem to get any discount WHY availability for a range of dates, only Y class available.
 

Evan

Established Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2006
Messages
3,185
Points
0
JohnK said:
I have been noticing anomalies with CX airfares recently. Their airfares to most destinations do not appear to be competitive anymore. They do not appear to be releasing as many specials.

JohnK,
Agree with you there, since we both spend a lot of time in a similar part of the world we are aware of the usual good specials they have, even if non earning flights i used to be able to get SIN-HKG-KIX or NRT for $530 return, not even close now, and all the ex SIN specials have gone.

I think part of it is CX have been having really high load factors, all the SIN-HKG flights have been 100% full recently, so no chance to offer the through fares to other destinations.

Not sure whats going on but i hope it returns to normal soon.

Also QF, BA, SQ, CX seems to be having days in the next months with Y0 between Asia and MEL/SYD etc, i know its end of school holidays so maybe thats something behind it but seems even in feb days like this already.

What all airlines i think need now is more capacity to ensure prices stay reasonable.

E
 

JohnK

Veteran Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
43,731
Points
3,070
Evan said:
What all airlines i think need now is more capacity to ensure prices stay reasonable.
Or more LCCs increasing overall capacity but taking away passengers from full service carriers. Is this possible? I hope so....
 

dajop

Enthusiast
Joined
Jul 1, 2002
Messages
13,043
Solutions
3
Points
1,345
Evan said:
JohnK,
Also QF, BA, SQ, CX seems to be having days in the next months with Y0 between Asia and MEL/SYD etc, i know its end of school holidays so maybe thats something behind it but seems even in feb days like this already.

I'd heard that the last few weeks of Feb travelling from Asia to Australia very heavily loaded, the theory being that flights are full of students travelling to Australia for the start of the university year.
 

JohnK

Veteran Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
43,731
Points
3,070
dajop said:
I'd heard that the last few weeks of Feb travelling from Asia to Australia very heavily loaded, the theory being that flights are full of students travelling to Australia for the start of the university year.
I would be interested to hear a theory for heavily loaded flights from Asia to Australia for travel end of March....
 

Evan

Established Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2006
Messages
3,185
Points
0
I guess its just a combination of things, but the student line is one of them, at this rate if SQ had a single free plane they should send it to AU, i was looking for a friend here to get back to AU and nothing before 20th feb on SQ in whY (atleats under 4k). (Its a final flight of an SQ ticket, just a change of plans and wants to MEL sooner than 5 weeks away)

I have suggested she take a return QF flight and postpone her SQ flight and use the 2 flights together un-used later in the year as a Singapore trip, either that or just throw the fares away.

Nearly all my recent SIN-MEL-SIN runs have been via PER due to little availability on more direct routes like SIN-MEL or SIN-SYD-MEL.

E
 

dajop

Enthusiast
Joined
Jul 1, 2002
Messages
13,043
Solutions
3
Points
1,345
Evan said:
I guess its just a combination of things, but the student line is one of them, at this rate if SQ had a single free plane they should send it to AU,

During Jan SQ have been running three extra 777-200 services a week between MEL/SIN, but these are disappearing in Feb.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)


Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Top