Is CBA PLAT the best CBA card for $200K+ income?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLANT

Established Member
So if income above 200K does another door open to an exclusive CBA card?
OR is it like SIGNATURE\BLACK\Centurion $1000+ fee a year?

Or does income\spend need to be higher?

The CBA platinum amex/MC combo is the best one CBA can currently offer. There isn't yet a higher level one that you unlock with a high enough income.

It's not a particularly good platinum card because while the amex converts at $1 to 1.5 QFF points you're capped at a ridiculously low $40,000 spend after which the conversion rate plummets. So I use mine for the first $40K spend and then use other cards. If I wasn't getting it for free I would cancel it.

However, I did hear a whisper recently that CBA is aware that their platinum card is unattractive to high spenders and are about to release a higher level "black" card which may or may not be called a Diamond card.

IS it because of loans that you have it for free?
Or is there a tip\trick to get it free please

To get the card for free ask to talk to a relationship manager... They waived the fee for 2 platinum cards for my wife and I (I'm guessing they will only do this if you do a bit of business with them). However the card product I don't think is very good as mentioned above. Would be intereseting to see if they offer a card above platinum in the future.

I put the majority of my spend the my amex centurion card which offers a better rewards imo.

I got it for free because I do other business with the bank (i.e. I owe them lots of money).

I've got a CBA Platinum MC which I stopped using earlier this year once I hit the above mentioned low points caps. I asked CBA if they had a better card (specifically one without points caps for Qantas earning) but they couldn't offer anything else as a better option.

For a while I switched to the Amex Qantas Ultimate card which had a good points earn but after fighting unsuccessfully with Amex's credit department about getting a more useful credit limit and/or switching to the Platinum Charge Card I gave up on that one.

I'm now using the Westpac Earth Platinum cards - no points cap and the Amex card earns QFF points at the same rate as Amex's own Qantas Ultimate card. As an added bonus I was able to add a PIN to my Amex card which I couldn't do with the Qantas Ultimate card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back