International Payments

gavhore

Hi, I used to use the Amex FX platform to book a spot rate and then inturn get them to make the payment to my overseas supplier which got charged to my Amex Card.
Now that Amex has shut down its FX platform, what do people now use to make international payments that can get charged to their card to earn points?

Cheers Gavin

I (used to) use Citi: depositing funds into Citi Debit account and then transfer it to my Citi USD account and then transfer it to own account in a different bank in the US. As the FX was between Citi accounts I used to get a pretty good spot FX rate.

Citi has been sold to NAB and they have closed multi-currency accounts; so I now transfer from my Citi Debit directly to my own account in another bank overseas. The spot FX rate is not as good as before but still pretty decent.

I had an email from NAB yesterday that they are transitioning all Citi services to their own platform, and I am not sure if the system I am using is going to hold after the update.

So, to answer your question: if you have Citi accounts, you can use the method I described above at least until they move everything to NAB platform. I don't have an answer f you don't have any Citi account, or after the move... indeed I might be in the market for answer to the exact question you're asking.

I (used to) use Citi: depositing funds into Citi Debit account and then transfer it to my Citi USD account and then transfer it to own account in a different bank in the US. As the FX was between Citi accounts I used to get a pretty good spot FX rate.

Citi has been sold to NAB and they have closed multi-currency accounts; so I now transfer from my Citi Debit directly to my own account in another bank overseas. The spot FX rate is not as good as before but still pretty decent.

I had an email from NAB yesterday that they are transitioning all Citi services to their own platform, and I am not sure if the system I am using is going to hold after the update.

So, to answer your question: if you have Citi accounts, you can use the method I described above at least until they move everything to NAB platform. I don't have an answer f you don't have any Citi account, or after the move... indeed I might be in the market for answer to the exact question you're asking.
You and me both - looks like the end of the line for my Citi card...

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back