Internal Fraud within Amex

Not really fraud but it’s a significant breach in terms of privacy and abuse of privilege.

Not surprising that their systems are that open, or that their initial response was “nothing to see here”.

Sadly also not surprising that it was covered up, and that AFCA said “all is good”. The financial institutions do fund them, after all.

AFCA is pretty much a waste of time these days

I’d agree. Frustratingly, the financial institutions have basically removed their first level complaints handling and outsourced to AFCA for referral back to them. I guess 99 in 100 people can’t be bothered, so they only have to deal with 1% of issues.

This doesn’t surprise me at all about Amex. They’ve got some shocking security in place and so much of their operation is outsourced. They’re about the only financial organisation I know that asks you for a security PIN that the operator can actually see.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back