Incorrect advertising by Woolworths Everyday Rewards Qantas credit card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Binxx

Intern
Got a pre-filled application for this card via mail, early in the month.

Filled in the relevant details which were left out and wanted to check the cost. Found out that nowhere on the letter sent with the application or on the application itself or anywhere in the fine print in any of the documents sent does it mention any cost!

When I called the cutomer serivce was advised that there is a $89 cost. I asked them where is it mentioned in the paper work they sent to me. Could not get a satisfactory answer (I was told this is a concise application form). I said you guys might hit me with a $890 annual fee for what I know once I send in the signed application!

Very sneaky from Woolworths / HSBC / Qantas or whoever it is that is trying to get more customers.

I agree that the fee should be shown, however it is easy enough to find out by phone or on the web, and has been mentioned many times in this forum.

It is more an omission than anything sneaky by Woolworths and HSBC.

The main thread (http://www.australianfrequentflyer....veryday-rewards-qantas-credit-card-26079.html) indicates the $89 as well as most advertising paraphernalia - often these are well hidden in the offer documentation; but must be mentioned, even if only in the fine print.

If it definitely is not there you have a good case to get it waived.

It is definitely not there and that was my point, that once I send the application in, they could charge anything they wish.

Tried asking them nicely to get it waived but no luck.

I agree that the fee should be shown, however it is easy enough to find out by phone or on the web, and has been mentioned many times in this forum.

I assumed that this might be a offer for their 'loyal' customers as in the past through the everyday rewards card, I have received things such as Schick Quattro razor kit.

Amex once offered me free for life one of their credit card and a travel bag to boot with the offer.

Numerous offers come through from Citibank, NAB, HSBC etc.

How do I know this is not that sort of promotion?

Assume nothing ric-Mel

To the OP pursue this by writing to their MD and explain you are bitterly disappointed for you and in their ethics.

How do they propose to recify this unfortunate situation?

Be prepared to make complaint to the authorities. From what you have told us i would say you have a good case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back