Income requirement for Citibank Prestige?

Janusjiang

Hi all,

Anyone has been recently approved for Citi Prestige Card? There is no more income requirement on the website (used ot be $150k p.a.) and the min credit limit was also reduced to $20k (used to be $30k). I don't have $150k income, just want to have an idea on the income of the successful applicant.

I just got approved for the card yesterday.

It takes about 10 days to process and my payslip records an income of $110k before tax.

I’ve had a similar experience to @jerrywww with my income not at $150k but still approved. Mine processed in about 5 days

Hey guys May I ask how long it takes you to receive your cards? I haven't got them for 3 weeks, including a re-issue and still didn't get the post cards. Such a weird experience.

For those with less than 150k income and got approved, may I ask what other credit card (limits) you owned ? I understand there will be other criteria like credit rating, expenses etc etc. Just want to get some idea before i apply. Got 2 other cards with 6k limit each.

Thanks!

For those with less than 150k income and got approved, may I ask what other credit card (limits) you owned ? I understand there will be other criteria like credit rating, expenses etc etc. Just want to get some idea before i apply. Got 2 other cards with 6k limit each.

Thanks!
St G $15k, P Edge $8k, Mc Q was Hilton $15k

I did specifically ask if there was a minimum income for this and was told there’s no set number. My payslips always seem to confuse credit card assessors and got the followup call as expected. Base is around 140 plus another 100 in OT. They ran with just 140 as “that’s more than enough” (her words).

I’m on a churn run at the moment so have been keeping limits low then do a big dump of applications (4 in one day - that way accounts and credit enquiries can’t be seen by the other banks right away). 4 out of 4 approvals.

Maybe not the right thread to ask, but has anyone earned Citi Rewards point on BNPL spent? And will spending with Gov agency (i.e. paying Rates) count towards the min spend requirement? I am aware they might not attract any points as per T&C but what about meeting the min spend?
Cheers!

Hi , its me again 😅 just want to share re the min income requirement for this card. My partner applied at 8pm last night and got approval SMS at 7am this morning! I am very impressed, considering her income is way below 100k. In saying that, we own our home outright, no other card (closed ANZ with 15k limit the same day) and her share of montly expenses is quite low. So i guess what matters is not so much the income figure but whats left of your salary after expenses.

they have pretty much dropped their income requirement.

The card benefits have deterioated so much that its not really an exclusive card anymore.

Back a few years ago, it was one of the best value cards around but they downgraded heaps of benefits:

1) one free night at hotel
2) 2 airport transfer (now only 1)
3) hotel status

they have pretty much dropped their income requirement.

The card benefits have deterioated so much that its not really an exclusive card anymore.

Back a few years ago, it was one of the best value cards around but they downgraded heaps of benefits:

1) one free night at hotel
2) 2 airport transfer (now only 1)
3) hotel status
Wow. I will def not pay the full $700 annual fee for whats left of the benefits now.

I did specifically ask if there was a minimum income for this and was told there’s no set number. My payslips always seem to confuse credit card assessors and got the followup call as expected. Base is around 140 plus another 100 in OT. They ran with just 140 as “that’s more than enough” (her words).

I’m on a churn run at the moment so have been keeping limits low then do a big dump of applications (4 in one day - that way accounts and credit enquiries can’t be seen by the other banks right away). 4 out of 4 approvals.
I've never thought to do this! What's the time frame for applications to appear in a credit enquiry?

Expect even less of the airport pickup! Trying again for 2023 and have been going backwards and forwards with the concierge robots. They’ve quoted $133 for SYD to Newtown (which id call an energetic walk!) on a Tuesday morning. Basically, the $100 is as good as worthless.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back