Impressive service from AMEX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foreigner

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
I have put through more transactions over the last two months than most of the past 12.

The staff handling accounts are knowledgeable and most helpful. Very impressed.

I have put through more transactions over the last two months than most of the past 12.

It is good to have some +ve feedback as I think people often tend to bog down on the -ve :!:

+1 since I rejoined Amex earlier this year I've found their service to be very good, streets ahead of Citibank by comparison!!

What impressed me further was their advice on how to get credit increased on both my platinum charge card and credit card. And truly, when I spoke with them yesterday, they surprised me by confirming the charge card "limit" had been increased (by 67%!).

That's my experience, anyway. So, happy to have bank platinum credit cards (SQ) and those issued by AMEX. Oh, and btw, the annual charge card fee was reduced by 50%.:p

What impressed me further was their advice on how to get credit increased on both my platinum charge card and credit card. And truly, when I spoke with them yesterday, they surprised me by confirming the charge card "limit" had been increased (by 67%!).

That's my experience, anyway. So, happy to have bank platinum credit cards (SQ) and those issued by AMEX. Oh, and btw, the annual charge card fee was reduced by 50%.:p

Wow! How did you manage to get the annual fee reduced and for which card type? In the past this was always the one thing they wouldn't budge on unless you spent squillions...

Wow! How did you manage to get the annual fee reduced and for which card type? In the past this was always the one thing they wouldn't budge on unless you spent squillions...

As per his post, a Platinum Charge Card.

I see, with regard to the charge card limit - be sure to use the amount they have approved you to as the approval will fall off the account after a period of time (normally no longer than 3 months) once it's gone the amount you can spend will be calculated on your highest on-time repayment.

I see, with regard to the charge card limit - be sure to use the amount they have approved you to as the approval will fall off the account after a period of time (normally no longer than 3 months) once it's gone the amount you can spend will be calculated on your highest on-time repayment.

Good tip. Noted.

... and that sometimes they chop and change the limit without notification. I had this issue recently and it took a couple of days to sort out.

... and that sometimes they chop and change the limit without notification. I had this issue recently and it took a couple of days to sort out.

I have had this happen twice recently and both times I was the last person to know about it.

A few quick calls and all was sorted.

ejb

I noticed too, today, that MR points are credited no sooner charges appear on your account, unlike SQ mileage where posting is made periodically...once monthly. Check "My Points" once you log into to your account on Amex secure website.

I noticed too, today, that MR points are credited no sooner charges appear on your account, unlike SQ mileage where posting is made periodically...once monthly. Check "My Points" once you log into to your account on Amex secure website.

I notice there's normally half a day, to a day's lag in posting ; but yes it is relatively timely.

I too am very happy with AMEX's service: Can speak to Australian call centre and AMEX reward points are in partners' account within 24-48 hours.

I also concur with the quality Amex service, perhaps they have decided to push customer service standards a little higher? I have also had some good service from the concierge and ticketing dept of late as well, so that all goes well for the future, and yes I find the posting of MR points generally very timely, but sometimes I have found that I have had to chase up bonus points that were not posted at all.

In terms of "on-time repayment", I think Serfty mentioned recently in another thread that you can pay off the AMEX Charge card well after the due date, right up to the day before the next statement issues, without incurring liquidated damages/late fees. (I am going to test that this month.) Would paying off the outstanding balance the day before the next statement issues count as "on-time repayment"?

Many thanks.

NC

ps agree that the Plat call centre staff are generally very good. Dealt with a young chap there (at least he sounded young) named Jason very recently who sorted out a difficult one for me extremely well. Almost had to tell him to stop calling me to give me updates.:shock: Great service. Citibank take note.

In terms of "on-time repayment", I think Serfty mentioned recently in another thread that you can pay off the AMEX Charge card well after the due date, right up to the day before the next statement issues, without incurring liquidated damages/late fees. (I am going to test that this month.) Would paying off the outstanding balance the day before the next statement issues count as "on-time repayment"?

True, as long as it is paid before the statement runs you will be ok. I rang up and complained to Amex when they changed the due date to 14 days from 21. THey said to me I could continue to pay it at 21 days. I usually pay it at 28 though!

Nick

I also gave them a bit of a blast when they changed to 14 days for payment, and they also said the same thing to me about paying in 21 days. Normally I dont pay until 2-3 days before the next statement date, and I have never had a problem in 15 years of being a cardmember, except once on a gold CC payment and they dropped my limit, but it was my fault. Another thing they did for me was give me all the new statement dates for the year, so that was helpful in terms of doing a rough budget for each months expenses and when payments were due. I have also noticed that online I get a reminder notice in red that my payment is overdue, so that is new as I have not seen it before until last month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Staff online

• NM
    Enthusiast
Back