I'm in the QF Lounge thread

rigram

Half the lounge is cordoned off, and it's reasonably quiet. Food offerings are "average". This lounge is way to dark - a little depressing (always has been). Missed the first lounge and it's lovely bright atmosphere. The QF app says I have access to the first lounge, however this is an error (staff seemed to have a route response).

mviy

Established Member
It's better than not having a lounge. Glass half full vs glass empty. Yes QF should do something about the lounge, but it was unreasonable to expect them to spend a fortune renovating lounges etc. whilst they stood down most of what staff they kept. One could just imagine the headline being something like "QANTAS splurges on lounge refurbishments rather than paying staff"

MooTime

Established Member
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Platinum
It's better than not having a lounge. Glass half full vs glass empty. Yes QF should do something about the lounge, but it was unreasonable to expect them to spend a fortune renovating lounges etc. whilst they stood down most of what staff they kept. One could just imagine the headline being something like "QANTAS splurges on lounge refurbishments rather than paying staff"
Well another local Airline renovated couple lounges under same mentioned circumstances.

Results = greatly improved bright new lounges in Adelaide & Melbourne.
Far from unreasonable.

Catweazle

Er, how about now? Lol

QF1526 MEL - CBR.

Or CBR - SYD - AVV on April 3.

True what others have said about the food offerings. A few sandwich rolls on offer with a beer, or Vittoria coffee with some chokkie bickies. That said, the salad bar is nice today. I'd like to have the recipe – any idea what's in the carrot and barley dressing? :)

Seems a little bird has found its way in to the QF J Lounge too. Cute!

Last edited:
Sponsored Post

This is an example of a Sponsored Post, one of the many ways you can advertise on the Australian Frequent Flyer.

Other options include banner advertisements on our content and forum pages or our newsletter. You can also purchase an audio message on our podcast - or if you just want to try it out, you can sponsor a thread.

If you'd prefer not to see any advertisements (including these sponsored posts), you can become an AFF Supporter from just $6 and instantly remove all advertisements from our website!

Kefci2000

Established Member
Anyone in international (QF9) lounge in Melbourne, my sister and Hubble would love to keep you company (or not) 😀

Last edited:

flyingfan

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum 1
Virgin
Platinum
At MEL dom J and it’s the busiest I’ve ever seen, with people resorting to standing by the bar and sitting on ledges. Guests not being allowed - people trying to bring guests in (within their quota) are being turned away by frazzled staff.