HSBC Card Online Statement Warning

Status
Not open for further replies.

andye

Virgin
Platinum
Oneworld
Emerald
I'm going to let this card go soon but replying to another post reminded me of an issue I had earlier in the year.

HSBC (very efficiently) picked up two fraudulent transactions on my Qantas Plat which led to my card being reissued with a new number.

However, as I had opted for online statements, I was then unable to retrieve the e-statements for the cancelled card when it came to doing my taxes. I had to request reprints for which they told me they would have to charge me. It took a bit of hassle to persuade them that this was not reasonable.

I did feel a bit daft as a similar thing had happened when I upgraded the card from the standard Plat to the Qantas one.

Anyway, holders may wish to print or save their statements to avoid inadvertently losing them into the ether

cheers for the warning. How come you are getting rid of the card?

yes I always save/download the PDF and save it to a 'finance' folder on my hard drive which gets zipped and copied into a drop-box every few days.
So using the combination of 7-zip, task scheduler and Drop-box makes a decent back-up solution :)

cheers for the warning. How come you are getting rid of the card?

yes I always save/download the PDF and save it to a 'finance' folder on my hard drive which gets zipped and copied into a drop-box every few days.
So using the combination of 7-zip, task scheduler and Drop-box makes a decent back-up solution :)

Nearly everyone abandoned the HSBC Qantas Woolworths branded credit cards last year, partly due to the cards going from HSBC to Macquarie bank and the subsequent devaluation of QFF earn and hikes in annual fees and a combination of these and possibly other reasons - this thread explains it all.

http://www.australianfrequentflyer....w/macquarie-bank-takes-over-hsbc-63357-8.html

Good tip about zip task scheduler and dropbox - I would do the same but I still have reservations about credit card info living on Dropbox.

Nearly everyone abandoned the HSBC Qantas Woolworths branded credit cards last year, partly due to the cards going from HSBC to Macquarie bank and the subsequent devaluation of QFF earn and hikes in annual fees and a combination of these and possibly other reasons - this thread explains it all.

http://www.australianfrequentflyer....w/macquarie-bank-takes-over-hsbc-63357-8.html

Good tip about zip task scheduler and dropbox - I would do the same but I still have reservations about credit card info living on Dropbox.

encrypt the Zip with a password

i have the HSBC Platinum , not the Qantas/WW one... I am going to stick with it as it has $0 annual and associated $1/1 rewards :)

i have the HSBC Platinum , not the Qantas/WW one... I am going to stick with it as it has $0 annual and associated $1/1 rewards :)

Including Velocity points I see.

Just cancelled my HSBC Qantas Plat. They gave me a 6 month 0% balance transfer which was why it was less 'soon' than my original post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Staff online

Back