how to transfer commonwealth award points

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

granted I havnt done this in a few months, but I'm trying to transfer my CBA award points to Qantas... Ive looked all over the rewards site and cant find cough... did they take it off or something?

When I saw your post I logged onto to NetBank and had a look. On the Commonwealth Awards page there used to be a one click process to transfer points to Qantas. Now, you need to click on the 'Redeem Awards' on the left hand side menu, then click on 'Program Guide 2003-2004', then click on the 'Travel' category. This then brings up a menu box starting with a Flight Centre voucher. If you then scroll down the menu, the 'Qantas transfer' option is at the bottom. Easy, isn't it :roll: .

I have a sneaking suspicion that the Commonwealth Bank don't want to encourage people to transfer their points to Qantas but use their non-flight awards instead. I've done some rough comparisons based on the value of a normal airfare (ie, 30,000 points = return NZ airfare or around $600-700, 220,000 points = J class airfare to Europe or $7,000-9,000) and transferring the points to my QFF account is always the best value for the points earned. In comparison, a $250 Flight Centre voucher is 34,900 points, and the BridgeClimb ($140-$180) is from 23,000 points.

cba blows

ahh thanks mate! got it :)

yes I rmeember it being very easy to transfer points with the big icon on the main page some months back...

I dont understand why anyone would want a flight center voucher.. what a waste of points!

No idea why anyone would redeem for flight centre..
I'll happily give someone $250 for 34,000 points... :)

Re: cba blows

d00t said:
ahh thanks mate! got it :)

yes I rmeember it being very easy to transfer points with the big icon on the main page some months back...

I dont understand why anyone would want a flight center voucher.. what a waste of points!

No idea why anyone would redeem for flight centre..
I'll happily give someone $250 for 34,000 points... :)

The going rate is a cent/point = $340 so I agree that $250 for 34k points is a good deal for the points recipient.

Craigo said:
I have a sneaking suspicion that the Commonwealth Bank don't want to encourage people to transfer their points to Qantas but use their non-flight awards instead.

Agree with your statement, I found transfering points is now a lot harder to find than previously. I would assume some people will give up if they cannot find them. Thanks to this forum, I have now managed to transfer some point into my FF account. Guess CBA has to cough up and pay Qantas. :D

Can you believe this, got a letter from CBA today saying that the ratio of points for CBA and qantas FF will increase from 1 to 2, for standard cards, I have found transferring to Qants FF is a great deal, a $1000 flight only requires around 50,000 points, = roughly 2c per point,

Now I am going to close my credit card which I have had for 5 years to another one, does anyone know of a card whichhas a ratio of 1 to 1 for Qantas FF and no fees for fulltime students
thanks in advance

well done once again CBA.....

Please read other posts. CBA is not the only one doing it. Westpac as well! Try Citibank - but unfortunately they charge fees. Not sure if they have any exceptions for full time students.

akumaslair said:
Can you believe this, got a letter from CBA today saying that the ratio of points for CBA and qantas FF will increase from 1 to 2, for standard cards, I have found transferring to Qants FF is a great deal, a $1000 flight only requires around 50,000 points, = roughly 2c per point,

Now I am going to close my credit card which I have had for 5 years to another one, does anyone know of a card whichhas a ratio of 1 to 1 for Qantas FF and no fees for fulltime students
thanks in advance

well done once again CBA.....

Do as I am doing.

Clos eyour CBA card and get a Woolworths/Safeway Ezyrewards Mastercard. For most purchases you will get 1 point per $1 and for shopping at Safeway/Woolworths you will get 1.25 points per $1. Points are transferable to Qantas or you can trade them in for shopping vouchers which IMHO are as good as cash.

http://www.ezybanking.com.au/ezyrewards/tbc-ezyrewards.asp

http://www.ezybanking.com.au/DEF-frame.asp?page=products

Cost is $39 per year. That is probably cheaper than you are paying at present with your CBA card. Talk about CBA shooting itself in the foot.

cheers Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back