How long for a points transfer from Citi to Velocity?

mghinoz

Hi All!

It has been a few years since I last did a points transfer from Citi to Virgin Velocity.
Previously the points have shown up in Velocity within a day or two.
I transferred points over 2 weeks ago and they have still not shown up.
Can anyone let me know how long it has taken for your transfer to go through?
I have confirmed the member number and names all match up, so I can't see any problem which might stop the transfer.
I am hesitant to call Citi as their fine print mentions that it can take up to 28 days for the transfer, and I expect they will just refer me to that point.

Thanks IA.

I transferred points from Citi to Velocity a few months ago and it was near instantaneous, the points were in Velocity within five minutes.

I have had the same issue with transferring from St George to Velocity.
I have been told by St George that there is an issue with all points transferred between November 5 and November 30. According to St George, Velocity have to manually process them all....
Velocity deny there's a problem, St George state their records show the points have been transferred, Velocity claim they have no record of my points transfer.

No-one seems particularly interested in helping, I just keep getting told to 'wait a few days and they will show up. It's been 25 days, my award flights are long gone.

It took me over 15 phone calls, half to Velocity and half to St George, to get someone to actually escalate it and provide an email response stating as such - which I received yesterday. I had to send Velocity the confirmation of transfer receipt from St George Amplify.

I transferred on November 22, still no points.

I'm assuming this is going to take a very long time to rectify, unfortunately.

As a side note, I transferred from Suncorp to Velocity during the transfer bonus promo in October and it was near instantaneous. Wish I'd done both at the same time.

Any luck either of you with an update on how long it ended up taking? Just initiated a Citi -> VFF transfer today and whilst the terms are showing "up to 14 days", I'm hoping it's not as long!

Any luck either of you with an update on how long it ended up taking? Just initiated a Citi -> VFF transfer today and whilst the terms are showing "up to 14 days", I'm hoping it's not as long!
Mine came through on 22 December after multiple calls and e-mails to both St George and Velocity.

Mine came through on 22 December after multiple calls and e-mails to both St George and Velocity.
Lovely....not! Ta for that, I guess I'll prepare for the worst, and let you know if I have any luck to the contrary!

And somehow they've sorted themselves out, points posted to VFF overnight, so the system's working again as planned!

Anyone transferred recently that can comment on how long they take? I just transferred mine and they weren't instant. Hoping not to miss out on reward seats.

It took 48 hours the last transfer I did a couple of months ago (this was on a Saturday though)...

Back