Hotels.com - 5x Amex points until 31 Dec 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mal

Enthusiast
Amex Bonus Rewards | Partner - Hotels.com

fer commences 1 May 2011 and ends 31 December 2011. $AUD transactions only eligible for the Bonus Points. Subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Membership Rewards program available at membershiprewards.com.au/termsandconditions. Membership Rewards Bonus Point offers are valid for purchases made in Australia and charged to an eligible Membership Rewards enrolled Australian-dollar American Express Card. Enrolment in Membership Rewards is required (an annual fee may apply). Please allow 8 to 10 weeks for Bonus Points to be credited to your account. Corporate, Small Business Card, The Qantas American Express Card, the Qantas American Express Premium Card, the Qantas American Express Ultimate Card, David Jones American Express Cards, pharmac_ Business Cards, ALM Business Cards, IGA-D Business Cards, Campbell Business Cards and Best Western Business Cards are not eligible for the Bonus Partners and Cards not issued by American Express are excluded from this promotion. Promotion periods vary.

This one is a little better (although less points!) than some other Amex partners.
- No special URL to use (Seems to be based on the merchant biller)
- No registration required.

Thanks for posting Mal!

There does not appear to be a minimum $ value so could be good for those 1 night stays.

The only restriction I can see is that the booking has to be in AUD. Is this possible with all hotel bookings?

There seems to be a special URL on the page:
www.hotels.com/deals/amex
So I think you need to use that for the booking.It also looks like it limits which hotels are eligible for booking with this offer, but the range still seems pretty good.Excellent news for me, I use Hotels.com quite a bit, and they often have much better rates than HotelClub.com.au, the other AMEX bonus points hotel booking partner.

Edit: Actually, looking a bit closer I'm now wondering if this offer only applies to the tiny selection of "Sepcial Deals" that you see when you click on that link, rather than every hotel in their offering.

Last edited:
I think you may be right.

On the left hand side of the webpage is a list of countries and cities with a list of the hotels available. Obviously not all cities are listed and definitely not all hotels either.

e.g For Hong Kong there are only 20 hotels listed.

Whether it is right or wrong, I have received the bonus points on a booking not made through the Amex link.

Additionally the hotel I booked was not on that list.

With the current promotion?

I need a hotel for 1 night in Hong Kong and I can't go wrong booking the Oriental Lander for AUD80/night. It is not listed under the deals section.

If I get any bonus points then so be it.

Whether it is right or wrong, I have received the bonus points on a booking not made through the Amex link. Additionally the hotel I booked was not on that list.
Was this recently Mal? Or another promo a while back? How long did it take for the bonus points to post?

Was this recently Mal? Or another promo a while back? How long did it take for the bonus points to post?

V recently. Bonus points posted with the transaction it seems. But the points do rely on hotels.com charging. Some rates are settled on checkout with the hotel

Sent from my GT-I9100 using AustFreqFly App

Wonder if this can be stacked with this $50 off voucher:

Make the Most of May Terms and Conditions

The Coupon entitles you to $50 discount off your total reservation cost (exclusive of any taxes, fees or GST) and is deducted after any other discounts have been applied.
Valid for hotel bookings between 00:01am AEST on 01/05/2011 and 11:59pm AEST on 31/05/2011for stay dates between 01/05/2011 and 31/07/2011.
Only one Coupon per booking may be used. Usual booking terms and conditions apply and all bookings are subject to availability.
A minimum booking value of AU $350 applies.

Further to Mal's experience, I just completed a stay booked through hotels.com and I also received the 5x bonus points at the same time that the charge hit my MR account. I didn't go through the AMEX landing page - actually I redirected through from hotelscombined.com. Not too shabby given that hotels.com has their Welcome Rewards program as well on top of that (which pretty much works out to a 10% discount per night if you make it to ten nights booked through them).

Great to know, I've got to book quite a few hotels in the next couple of weeks and Hotels.com often has pretty good rates, so it's a nice complement to HotelClub, which has even more points but often very bad rates.

Wonder if this can be stacked with this $50 off voucher:

Make the Most of May Terms and Conditions

Hi,

I can confirm that this works with the bonus point (obviously the 5x bonus is base on the actual amount paid) as I made a booking earlier this week.

More interestingly, I applied the coupon to get $50 off from a stay totalling $334, so I ended up only having $284 charged to my amex and the bonus points posted this morning.

Cheers

I didn't realise that Hotels.com earned 5x points until i checked the membership rewards and was shocked to see 2500 points next to one of my bookings! If I knew earlier, probably would have booked a few more things through them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back