Hotel Club Bonus points still valid for 2013?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDG101

When I looked at Amex website last time, the 10x bonus points offer for Hotel Club was valid for booking until 31st December 2013. Today the Amex website shows that the bonus offer is valid from 1st Jan 14 to Dec 14. I rang up Amex and could not get a definitive answer for booking before Jan 14. Does anyone know?

I was told a definite no. Must wait till Jan.

BTW, interesting you can see that date. the link i use, still says april to june 2013....

I just booked through the amex link as the rate with hotelclub was better than anyone else anyway. I will find out in the next few days if i get the bonus points. But I am not holding my breath.

I booked 2 weeks ago and no bonus points as of yet, I think they should have to honor it as originally it stated to December 2013 right?
Also i find it strange that it is advertised and you use the 'book now' link via the Amex website then when you are booking it states very clearly up the top of the website:

"Earn 10 Membership Rewards Bonus Points
for every $1 spent on transactions of $350 or more"

Tricky one!!

yea i had a pm which said to 31st of december from amex (when i asked several months back) but it vanished from my inbox... maybe just routinely cleared i am not sure.

I booked 2 weeks ago and no bonus points as of yet, I think they should have to honor it as originally it stated to December 2013 right?
Also i find it strange that it is advertised and you use the 'book now' link via the Amex website then when you are booking it states very clearly up the top of the website:

"Earn 10 Membership Rewards Bonus Points
for every $1 spent on transactions of $350 or more"

Tricky one!!

I didnt get bonus points yet either, however am thinking about making a phone call and pointing out the hotelclub/amex website it doesnt stipulate any limits on earning other than the $350 minimum spend.

I made a booking on 29/11/13 and my bonus points posted on 16/12/13, if that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back