Hong Kong & Bangkok Trip Report - First Lounges, Cool Hotels & Cocktails by the Pool | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Hong Kong & Bangkok Trip Report - First Lounges, Cool Hotels & Cocktails by the Pool

Status
Not open for further replies.

arrow

First Stop the Qantas First Lounge! Here is my review of the new spring menu (check it out here)

The wine in the decanter and the dessert were standouts!

IMG_20140910_162307_hdr.jpg

IMG_20140910_150800_hdr.jpg

Hvr

AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum
Re: Hong Kong & Bangkok Trip Report - First Lounges, Cool Hotels & Cocktails by the P

That dessert looks lovely am looking forward to trying it next Month.

Hope you try the Emirates lounge in BKK, it is worth a visit.

arrow

Re: Hong Kong & Bangkok Trip Report - First Lounges, Cool Hotels & Cocktails by the P

That dessert looks lovely am looking forward to trying it next Month.

Hope you try the Emirates lounge in BKK, it is worth a visit.
Thanks - enjoy your trip.

Didn't get to try the Emirates lounge in BKK as I landed in HKG and then transited to BKK (and back to HKG) & the flight from HKG to BKK was with Cathay, so I didn't think I had access to the Emirates lounge (as I wasn't flying QF).

arrow

I stayed at the W Hotel Bangkok - the Cocktails by the Pool Bar were amazing as was the beautiful "funky out-there"room (you can check out the review here)

SAM_0105.jpg

SAM_0087.jpg

arrow

Cathay Pacific's The Wing First Class Lounge (Check out my snaps and short review here)

SAM_0043.jpg

SAM_0047.jpg

boomy

AFF Supporter

Great photos!
I should try the W next time I'm in Bangkok.

arrow

Great photos!
I should try the W next time I'm in Bangkok.
Thanks! Absolutely, its a very new hotel and its located in the part of town where all the embassys are. The restaurant on the second floor is lovely too.

boomy

AFF Supporter

Thanks! Absolutely, its a very new hotel and its located in the part of town where all the embassys are. The restaurant on the second floor is lovely too.
Do you have status with SPG? I'm just wondering how they treat elites there in terms of upgrades, late checkout etc.

arrow

Do you have status with SPG? I'm just wondering how they treat elites there in terms of upgrades, late checkout etc.
Yes - I am SPG Gold - they upgraded me to a suite. I had to check out early so late check out wasn't an issue. All in all the service was pretty good!

arrow

Harbour Grand Hong Kong - amazing hotel with a beautiful view over Victoria Harbour! Definitely a favourite (check out the review here)

SAM_0397(1).jpg

SAM_0325.jpg

arrow

An amazing lunch (French fine dining) at the Restaurant Petrus with a view that is simply breathtaking (here is the review)

IMG_20140913_124357_hdr_1.jpg

sam_0432.jpg

sam_0467.jpg

boomy

AFF Supporter

The food looks amazing!

arrow

Is this related to the one in London with the same name?
It's a different trip. Got back from London in August and took this trip mid Sept

Daver6

AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map

It's a different trip. Got back from London in August and took this trip mid Sept
Apologies. Really poorly worded question on my behalf. What I meant to ask was, is Petrus that is pictured in Hong Kong a sister restaurant of the Petrus in London? Or do they just happened to share the same name? :)

arrow

Apologies. Really poorly worded question on my behalf. What I meant to ask was, is Petrus that is pictured in Hong Kong a sister restaurant of the Petrus in London? Or do they just happened to share the same name? :)
I think its a completely different restaurant. There was nothing to indicate if it was connect to Gordon Ramsey one in UK

arrow

Here is a snippet (brief) of a couple of bars in Hong Kong (Le 188 and Caprice Bar) - full review here

1607012_1494129340840034_6078104754450603082_n.jpg

arrow

A brief review of the Qantas Lounge (Hong Kong) and Dinner at the Wing (Review here)

sam_0539.jpg

sam_0537.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFF on Air Podcast

• Project Sunrise – AIR018
    Sat, 24 Aug 2019 16:12:31 AEST
      Later this year, Qantas will decide which aircraft it will use to operate non-stop flights from the east coast of Australia to London and New York – a feat it aims to ach ...
  • Choosing a Rewards Program – AIR017
    Sat, 10 Aug 2019 13:32:24 AEST
      If you’re new to the world of frequent flyer points – or moving to a new country – it can be difficult to know where to start. In this episode, Matt discusses the con ...
  • Travel Insurance – AIR016
    Sat, 27 Jul 2019 07:34:12 AEST
      They say that if you can’t afford travel insurance, you can’t afford to travel! In this episode, Matt chats to James Green about the importance of travel insurance, and ...
  • The Qantas Oneworld Award – AIR015
    Sat, 13 Jul 2019 02:07:50 AEST
      Learn how to fly around the world using your Qantas Frequent Flyer points as Matt chats to James Green, an award travel consultant at Frequent Flyer Solutions. This episode ...
  • Qantas Frequent Flyer Changes – AIR014
    Sat, 29 Jun 2019 00:40:35 AEST
      Last week, Qantas announced a major shake-up to its Qantas Frequent Flyer program. In this episode, former Head of Loyalty at Malaysia Airlines, Mark Ross-Smith, joins Matt ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pidge