RooFlyer

Veteran Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Star Alliance
Silver
After selling two lots of property, I was faced with the challenge of finding a good home for a bit of cash. I decided to spread things around and roll over some cash from my SMSF into a couple of industry Super funds.

Australian Super was the first, handily giving 20K QFF points into the bargain. Fairly painless exercise.

Next HESTA. OMG I've dealt with Telstra and the banks and even Dodo ISP. These are paragons of customer service compared to HESTA. Not so much bad service as NO service, such that after a month I haven't been able to make a rollover contribution.

I needed a bunch of details to complete a super rollover form. Call them up: "extended wait times". Ho hum, that's ok, just put the phone on speaker while I work.

It hung up on me after 45 mins on hold.

Go to their web query form. Truely stupid. It's one long line so you can't see what you've written. Anyway I sent off the message. No reply after 10 days, even though2-3 days promised.

Went to their chat box. Only got a moronic bot which couldn't answer anything.

Back to the web form with a terse compliant.

Amazingly, someone called me after 4 days and was pretty good at hearing my complaint - why can't a member make any contact with anyone at HESTA so I can give them a contribution? Main reason he said was because of changed legislation re Insurance. I pointed out that that legislation went through about 4 months prior and I knew HESTA advised their members 2 months prior. Management was too dumb to realise after 2 months there's a crush on members making contact , or they don't care.

The guy found the info I was after so I went away.

Until arrrgh! One detail I forgot to get. Call again. Hung up on after 20 mins on hold this time.

Bot still useless. I found a regular email address so used that. Auto reply saying because of busy period, may take longer than usual 2-3 days to reply.

After 10 days, no response. What absolute contempt for its members. Obviously I'm not going to rollover into that pack of useless pric@$.

Anyone here a member of HESTA?

Good to hear about Australian Super though as I have just opened an account with them....

Good to hear about Australian Super though as I have just opened an account with them....

Only hassle with Aust Super for a rollover is that they required a cheque posted to them ... nothing electronic.

I changed funds earlier this year and my husband's agent (Industry fund) came to my office as I was extra busy, bought me a hot chocolate at the cafe and we went through all the forms ect. Super easy so I guess I was lucky

Last edited:
More than happy with Australian Super, both me and her are in it. The boss was in HESTA being a nurse, but changed after a recommendation from a fellow worker, then when that fund was 'sold' she went over to Aus Super without any issues at all.

Just as an aside, in another thread of yours which I didn't want to hijack, Hobart Airport was mentioned. Do you know who owns it?

I for one, am not surprised by the lack of decent infrastructure upgrades. :)

Hobart Airport was mentioned. Do you know who owns it?

HBA - my pet hate :) . Half owned by a local super fund, and half by an entity owned by/related to Macquarie bank - need I say more? The Mac Bank related half is currently up for sale. I dare say they have been squeezing the lemon for years to meet some rate of return hurdle and to plump up the asset for sale. If anyone has the choice - fly in and out of Launceston.

I know quite a lot of nurses who are with HESTA and I haven't heard any complaints. However they are probably in a different situation to you and are making contributions via pay roll deduction, and probably don't have any need to try and make contact with the fund.

Appalling service that you have described. Very similar to my recent experience trying to deal with Foxtel, but that's a whole other story :mad::eek:

We are with HESTA as of a few months. Once you are all sorted they will be fine. We had issues getting an SG details sorted. Our Rollover went fine though. Brother has been with them for years and very happy with the returns. He’s now into full on pension mode with them.

I hate their app though.

I've had some dealings with HESTA, all positive.

If you are after any direct contacts to get things sorted, PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back