Help Please - AMEX travel charged to MR instead of Credit Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

yucciaff

I recently booked a car hire through AMEX online travel. First the website was not functioning properly due to the recent upgrade. Once it was working, i went online and booked a car hire for a weekend.

I was logged into my amex account before making the booking. I remember clearly selecting 'charging to the credit card' instead of using MR. And the total cost displayed on the website was in $$$, instead of MR. It also presented me the option to choose which credit card i would like to charge it to.

However, when i log in today, i noticed my MR balance has gone down quite a bit. When i went to check the balance, i realised it took out of my MR balance instead of charging to AMEX. I called them through AMEX travel through the platinum charge card, first they informed me the transcations using MR is non-refundable and they need back office to do the processing and i would get a call back from them today (26th Dec). Well, i did not.

Then I called back, only to get another agent, saying she is the acting supervisor and I need to call AMEX online travel to get those sorted as AMEX platinum travel has no access to the booking i made online. And they don;t open today so she informed me to call them back tomorrow.

I will give them a call back tomorrow but has anyone encounter this issue? I don;t really want to waste 10k membership rewards points for a $100 car hire....

Thanks in advance.

It shouldn't be an issue, just stand your ground and insist that the website is/was malfunctioning due to the upgrade. I'm going into battle over my 2 points per dollar that should be 3 points some know what it's like to deal with some of the phone drones.

Update: I called them on 27th Dec. Today I got an email saying they have credit back the MR and charged it to my card :) So it is all sorted. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back