Help needed! [Cancellations][Travel Credits][Card Fees/Cancellations][Points]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infrequent

Hello AFF brains!

Had an international flight booked via the Qantas Ultimate travel credit cancelled by airline.

Amex informed me that options were:

- Keep credit with QF - with QF restrictions (outbound international flight, same name on ticket)

- Refund to Amex Travel as travel credit - with usual Amex QF Ultimate terms ... only for QF travel

First question for the brains here ... if I take the Amex credit route, what happens if card is cancelled?

Which brings up second queston ... given the utter uselessness of these QF travel credits for someone in WA, has anyone had success getting them either - extended for a year ; or waiving the next annual fee - given the $450 has been worthless? (Yeah, I know I'm a mug for keeping on paying $450 a year, not being able to use the credits, and at the same time, missing the 100K points dividend for dumping the card).

Final question ... can't see anyone here has had success requesting lower fee this year, given the "we'll slash the fee AND give you huge numbers of bonus points if you let us pay a third party {PointHacks,ChampMile} for your churn!" ... any chance Amex is flexible for loyal customers, or just want to spray cash at churners?

Thanks for your input!

Regards,
Infrequent (aptly named).

Firstly, if you take the refund back to Amex, you should get the travel credit re-instated and valid for another 12 months from the date of re-instatement. Assuming the credit didnt cover the entire cost of the fare, you'll get that portion refunded back to the card.

If you cancel the card you lose the Amex travel credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back