Has anyone used the VA lounge on arrival recently?

smittykittyflying

I read a media report that lounge on arrival access was no longer available.
I rang Velocity this morning to check and was advised by the Platinum team member it was not and never available. When I said it used to be available and was still in the lounge access conditions she seemed confused.

Has anyone recently used the VA lounge on arrival in the last few weeks? Should I bother trying?

hydrabyss

Solutions
I read a media report that lounge on arrival access was no longer available.
I rang Velocity this morning to check and was advised by the Platinum team member it was not and never available. When I said it used to be available and was still in the lounge access conditions she seemed confused.

Has anyone recently used the VA lounge on arrival in the last few weeks? Should I bother trying?
I was only able to use the toilets at Melbourne and was told it was due to the temporary lounge being to small. Not sure on other lounges.

AIRwin

Established Member
Solutions
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Gold
The website indicates that "access on arrival at your destination will be temporarily unavailable":

Vinomofo is the best wine deals site on the planet. Good wines, real people and epic deals, without all the bowties and bs.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Scarlett

Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Platinum
Mrs Scarlett used the BNE lounge on arrival a fortnight ago. She did self-scan at the standalone machine as the entry staff were already busy with other guests...

Mattg

Enthusiast
Solutions
This was (and technically still is) a Velocity Platinum benefit, however arrivals access has not been available since Virgin began reopening its domestic lounges in November 2020. Once COVID-19 capacity constraints are lifted, this benefit should be reinstated.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChrisRocksOK