gold card give-away!

Status
Not open for further replies.

plop11

hi

i've just recently been invited by commbank to upgrade my classic mastercard card into the gold card. but the thing is, i'm a uni student, 18, and hardly work enough to say i've got a stable source of income ....but the idea of having a gold card so young is pretty nifty

i'm just really surprised commbank dishes out high credit limits as my standard card was already 5 figures, and gives out cards so easily as i remember i applied for one straight out of high school and i didn't hold a job.

what are the other definate perks that other users have enjoyed on the gold card that make it worthwhile holding? the $114 price tag is under consideration atm.

just another qtn too, i'm still quite young, so does having a gold card help build my credit history etc?

cheers

The colour of the card is only relevant to differentiate the fees and benefits provided. It will not impact your future credit rating in the slightest. Its really a marketing tool used by the bank to make you believe you own them some loyalty.

The benefits of the Gild card are clearly identified on the Comm Bank web site. For me the benefits that are of value to me include higher rate of transfer of award points to QF (not that I have transferred any from CBA to QF as of yet) and purchase protection insurance. Otherwise there are no useful benefits for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Back