Status
Not open for further replies.

DeKa

Established Member
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Red
I think we should start a thread discussing which supermarket stock gift cards for other non-supermarket stores.

I do not want to discuss why this is the case, just stores, and card type and availability, as I don't want this to get Newk'd. ;)

I know Coles always have stock of these cards
Coles Group and Myer (excl Bunnings)
Bunnings (the green one)
Coles only (not useful)
Coles Express only (useful, but I'd rather buy the Coles Group and Myer one.
ABC Shop

Sometimes they have others, and that's what I'd like to see discussed in this thread.

Woolworths seems to carry a much larger variety. I've seen
David Jones
Peter Alexander
Wish (of course) for the WOW Group
Woolworths Petrol/Caltex

Please expand on my list if you can.

First question. Does anyone know if any supermarkets sell Rebel Sport gift cards?

I've also seen iTunes, Facebook, Best Restaurants, Event Cinemas, Accor Hotels to name a few that come to mind.

the post office stocks what seems to be an increasing number. I'll get to it and make a list when next I am in one which is quite a bit lately (before it gets "newked"*) ;)

*AKA shayned

Rebel sport voucher was part of our supermarket shop just a couple of days ago as our son needed new soccer boots!
It was woolworths, I purchase lots of gift cards with my supermarket shop but obviously won't mention why!

If you don't want it to get Newk'ed* then why post about it???

Just walk into Coles and Woolies and have a look.

lol

*Sorry Newk, but that is a hilarious phrase.

I think we should start a thread discussing which supermarket stock gift cards for other non-supermarket stores.

I do not want to discuss why this is the case, just stores, and card type and availability, as I don't want this to get Newk'd. ;)

I know Coles always have stock of these cards
Coles Group and Myer (excl Bunnings)
Bunnings (the green one)
Coles only (not useful)
Coles Express only (useful, but I'd rather buy the Coles Group and Myer one.
ABC Shop

Sometimes they have others, and that's what I'd like to see discussed in this thread.

Woolworths seems to carry a much larger variety. I've seen
David Jones
Peter Alexander
Wish (of course) for the WOW Group
Woolworths Petrol/Caltex

Please expand on my list if you can.

First question. Does anyone know if any supermarkets sell Rebel Sport gift cards?

Not all stores seem to carry all gift cards. Eg I haven't found a rebel sport gift card in a Woolworths yet. That was why I started the thread.

Maybe we need to get specific as to the actual store?

If you don't want it to get Newk'ed* then why post about it???

Just walk into Coles and Woolies and have a look.

lol

I know the answer: because there are some people on AFF that won't be able to work it out unless spoon fed. So this a discussion thread and not a spoon-feeding thread

Am I right DeKa?

Edit to change brain malfunction "fed" instead of "thread". Although there is certain poetry to "spoon thread"

Last edited:
*Sorry Newk, but that is a hilarious phrase.

I live with that and worse ;)

BTW for those still interested the other stuff (nudge nudge) still seems to be working just tickedy. BUT I'm sure it won't be for long

I know the answer: because there are some people on AFF that won't be able to work it out unless spoon thread. So this a discussion thread and not a spoon-feeding thread

Am I right DeKa?

Absolutely. My goal for this thread is to know if we want a particular gift card (eg Rebel Sport) I go to Woolworths x, y or z (but not Northbridge).

Absolutely. My goal for this thread is to know if we want a particular gift card (eg Rebel Sport) I go to Woolworths x, y or z (but not Northbridge).

ah, gotcha
Is it any use to know about POs and servos then?

I buy the Vintage Cellars gift card at Coles for 3 points (on Platinum Edge) on my grog purchases.

I forgot Coles did the gift cards that includes Myer. Thanks everyone! I was rather disappointed at Big Ws Easter selection but still handed over my WISH gift card. Too soon perhaps now Myer is on the cards...

(pun intended)

Woolworths Macquarie Centre today:
iTunes
XBOX Live
Wii
Sony PSN $30/$50
Ticketmaster $50/$100
iSubscribe $30/$60 (magazines)
Dusk $30/$50 (smelly girly stuff store)
Bigpond Music $20
Bigpond Movies $20/$50
Sanity $25
EB Games $20
Kobo $25 (ebook reader)
The Iconic $50/$75
David Jones $100
Myer $50/$100 (this one surprised me!)
Sportsgirl $30/$50
Diva $30
Just Jeans $30
JayJays $25
Peter Alexander $50
Rebel Sport (!!) $50
ToysRUs $30
SuperCheap AUto $50
Dymocks $30
BCF $100

BigW Macquarie: (can you buy these with Wish Cards?)
Red Baloon $50 / $100 / $199
Hoyts $30 / $50 / $100
Event Cinemas: $30/$50/$75
Gold Class Cinemas $100
AMF Bowing $30/$50
Ticketmaster $50/$100
Smiggle $40
Rydges $100/$200 (no doubt good for avoiding CC surcharge)
Accor $100/$200 (same as Rydges)
Kathmandu $100
Dusk $30/$50
iSubscribe $30
Wish & WOW Group cards - no point really - buy at WW
XBOX
Wii
Facebook (I wonder if these can be used for advertising?)
Kobo

Anyway - after visiting 4 Woolworths since the weekend, I found what I was after ... Rebel Sport gift cards.

Please keep contributing. Do we need a spreadsheet?

Wow, I didn't know Woolworths had so many. All I had to offer is I saw rebel sport at Coles World Square today :p

Thanks for the spread sheet.

I'm surprised you can get bunnings gift cards at coles. I went to manu coles but could not find it :) I'm based in SYD.

It has only taken me 2 days to figure out the purpose of this thread:oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back