Wait - let them cancel then you have a claim for non performance and thus a full refund rather than a credit.Any chance getting a full refund on paid fare?
Booked to fly Sydney to NZ first week of August, not sure to cancel now or wait until the airline cancels the flight.
Does it even make a difference?
Hmm just seen else on this site that force majeur events such a pandemic will allow ANZ to hold yr money and offer a credit instead - ACCC issued guidance on this last Sept or thereabouts when QF wudnt cough up refunds - so long as a reasonable window for rebooking was offered then airlines were ok to just credit rather than refund..bggr
While on wait I heard announcement that all Air NZ flts from Syd are full, thru to the NZ Govt cut-off date for returning citizens to get home.
..seats from Per or Bris or Melb maybe still avail but the announcement re flts ex Sydney being full was plain enough., and no mention of addit cap.That's interesting because I just heard on the news (In NZ ) that there were seats available for kiwis to get home within the 7 days - and if they sold out airnz would add more capacity
Nope its specifically Sydney because if you don't get back this week you have to go into MIQ if coming from Sydney..seats from Per or Bris or Melb maybe still avail but the announcement re flts ex Sydney being full was plain enough., and no mention of addit cap.
Just wondering what luck anyone has had since the last post here, via any method of escalation.
Our trip, booked in May, for November was just cancelled by AirNZ, with an email saying we have been issued a credit. Our return to SYD was cancelled weeks ago by QF, with full refund posting to Amex the next week.
Called AirNZ today, and they wouldn't budge. I've disputed the charge with Amex for failure to provide services paid for, and filed complaint with ACCC.