General Medical issues thread

FWIW: MedAdvisor app shows repeats for both paper field scripts and electronic ones, plus history of your orders.
It does, that's the one my pharmac_ uses. But, it has the number of repeats wrong for at least 2 of my medications. In one case it says I have 0 repeats when I have 3, and in another it says I have 9 repeats, when I do not - most I ever had was 6!! The staff at the pharmac_ cannot sort it out, and I just cannot be coughd (for most things) mucking around trying to work out what i have left when a paper script tells it all. I do agree e-scripts are great for one offs, after tele-health and for domestic travel.
 
Just catching up on this thread, sorry to hear so may folk have been unwell this winter. Hope that you are all recovered now.
Surfer Flyfrequently has been knocked about for the past 3/52, she is currently working as a swimming teacher. Half the teachers are down with the nasty bug and 3 of them have pneumonia- all young'uns.

My sister's 40 year old stepson ( with a few comorbities) passed away recently with/from pneumonia 😪
 
I'm getting online quotes for travel insurance, declaring my various lurgies, including restless legs syndrome (Doc doesn't think its strictly RLS, but close enough). Four insurance companies had no screening questions for this, but NIB excelled itself. Question - other than medication, do any of these questions have any relevance to RLS? The only one my GP has engaged with me on is medication (dopamine antagonist).

NIB fail (1).JPEG NIB fail (2).JPEG

NIB fail (3).JPEG

BTW - can anyone point to some resources on RLS treatment beyond medication?
 
Elevate your business spending to first-class rewards! Sign up today with code AFF10 and process over $10,000 in business expenses within your first 30 days to unlock 10,000 Bonus PayRewards Points.
Join 30,000+ savvy business owners who:

✅ Pay suppliers who don’t accept Amex
✅ Max out credit card rewards—even on government payments
✅ Earn & transfer PayRewards Points to 10+ airline & hotel partners

Start earning today!
- Pay suppliers who don’t take Amex
- Max out credit card rewards—even on government payments
- Earn & Transfer PayRewards Points to 8+ top airline & hotel partners

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

I'm getting online quotes for travel insurance, declaring my various lurgies, including restless legs syndrome (Doc doesn't think its strictly RLS, but close enough). Four insurance companies had no screening questions for this, but NIB excelled itself. Question - other than medication, do any of these questions have any relevance to RLS? The only one my GP has engaged with me on is medication (dopamine antagonist).

View attachment 524241 View attachment 524242

View attachment 524243

BTW - can anyone point to some resources on RLS treatment beyond medication?
I started getting it again a few months ago and after a thorough blood test my iron ferritin level was down to 31. Have since had an iron infusion and hope that is all is needed but stress for me I feel does not help. Plus have been going to the gym at 8pm lately which seems to make it worse. Another is keeping salt intake down.
 

Thanks. Done all that, currently on pramipexole and I can already tell that its effectiveness is wearing off.

My issue isn't strict RLS (urge to move legs), but involuntary twitching/jerking of R or L leg when lying down trying to get to sleep. Quads and ?tibialis anterior spasm/contractions over a few seconds causing small bending of knee and dorsiflexion of foot.

Worst thing is the anticipation of a spasm, affecting sleep even when its not occurring.

Any specialists in Australia I might look to?

I started getting it again a few months ago and after a thorough blood test my iron ferritin level was down to 31.

Tried that - no effect (I have hemochromatosis so have elevated irons 'naturally'.
 

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back
Top