Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

General Medical issues thread

VPS

Established Member
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
When I was doing the GLAD program the Physio always said you shouldn't stop doing something because it hurts - it depends how much further the exercise pushes the pain level

Credit cards which earn frequent flyer points is a popular way to earn frequent flyer points. You can receive thousands of points on everyday spend. And, many of these cards offer generous signup bonuses! Compare to find the credit card that best suits your needs.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

Pushka

Enthusiast
Flights
My Map
Many Physio treatments are curtailed or severely truncated because the patient is unable to override the body's pain messages.
Probably as a fallout from your first para, both instinctively and from information from medical sources, it is common thought that pain must be prevented or is a danger sign. It’s hard to get past that message.

• Agree
Reactions: tgh

Flashback

Enthusiast
Flights
My Map
Can she get the script version of another antacid (not liquid) which is pantoprazole? They are excellent.
I have been looking at surgical options. I take Nexium and have to avoid fruit juices and a lot of fruit, which I wish I didn’t. I pay for a night on the margaritas!

I had a complete blank recently. Had diabolical reflux one night. And recurred the next night. Then I connected it to drinking a number of ciders. Cider being apple juice for grown ups. And I can’t drink apple juice at the best of times....
In the UK the commonly prescribed ones are Lansoprazole Omeprazole. I think Nexium (brand name) is Esomeprazole.

I've been on each of these 3 over the past 18 years or so, bit annoying but there you go. If I don't take it each day my body lets me know about it. Have been considering the surgery also but not sure I'm happy with what it does and the fact it could still just reoccur.

TheRealTMA

Suspended
Qantas
Platinum
In the UK the commonly prescribed ones are Lansoprazole Omeprazole. I think Nexium (brand name) is Esomeprazole.

I've been on each of these 3 over the past 18 years or so, bit annoying but there you go. If I don't take it each day my body lets me know about it. Have been considering the surgery also but not sure I'm happy with what it does and the fact it could still just reoccur.
Nexium can have kidney problems but depends, obviously. Somac Pantoprazole seems better tolerated.

Flashback

Enthusiast
Flights
My Map
Nexium can have kidney problems but depends, obviously. Somac Pantoprazole seems better tolerated.
I'm on Lansoprazole at the moment, not sure whether they moved me off esomeprazole / omeprazole for those reasons, or whether it was more of a cost thing (to the NHS).

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shadowsfury