Freq Flyer Taxes/Charges paid by points live

Status
Not open for further replies.

dajop

Enthusiast
Solutions
And if you really want to you can purchase 6,500 points and save the $45. Oh, that will cost you $230.

JohnK

Veteran Member
sydney_kings said:
What may concern me in the future is that they may "require" you to pay by points - a remove the option for cash, hopefully this will never occur.
And they may also remove fuel surcharges entirely which will give us real award ticket redemptions using our hard earned FF points.

But I love dreaming and hoping and this may never happen!

Transform your lounge room (or any indoor space) into your own private movie theatre in just a few seconds.

Our Mini Pocket Projector is small, light and easily transportable. A must have!

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Tooner

Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Platinum
I agree with those who point out it is not great value - this is an "enhancement" after all - but it is useful in some circumstances.

For instance, we bought a trip for the Mother-in-Law from BNE - MEL and paid for the whole lot with points. She will transfer (she'd better!) the points in total to me so I'm no worse off, and she rarely gets to use her points anyway.

Even though it appears to be poor value to me, it is worth it for her, and as long as I get my points back, I don't care.

Cheers from WLG 5am!

kpc

Solutions
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Tooner said:
...and as long as I get my points back, I don't care.
So what will you do if she doesn't transfer them back?:mrgreen:...complain to the wife:?:;)

NM

Enthusiast
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
kpc said:
So what will you do if she doesn't transfer them back?:mrgreen:...complain to the wife:?:;)
cancel the return part of the ticket :mrgreen: .

Tooner

Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Platinum
NM said:
cancel the return part of the ticket :mrgreen: .

Yep! One of those things where you can't win! You can't refuse to do it until the points are transferred, and if you do it and the points aren't transferred, well........:evil:

NM

Enthusiast
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Tooner said:
Yep! One of those things where you can't win! You can't refuse to do it until the points are transferred, and if you do it and the points aren't transferred, well........:evil:
Which has the higher value to you? The points or the lack of MIL?

Kiwi Flyer

I suspect it isn't the lack of MIL that would be the issue but lack of something else once wife found out.

NM

Enthusiast
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Kiwi Flyer said:
I suspect it isn't the lack of MIL that would be the issue but lack of something else once wife found out.
In my case losing the MIL would earn significant brownie points with Mrs NM :mrgreen: .

kpc

Solutions
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Kiwi Flyer said:
ROTFLMAO:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Currently Active Users