Free joining to Air New zealand program

Status
Not open for further replies.

diesmile

until 10/05/09, transfer points to air new zealand and receive 50% bonus airpoints dollars.

also free joining fee (save 50AU).

in addition, half price for lounge one-year membership. (370 nz, save of 375nz)

full details see:

http://www.americanexpress.com/australia/campaigns/AirNewZealand/index.shtml

edit: i am a bit confused here, it seems that you need activity on airnz every year? otherwise you will be charged an annual fee? i am not familiar with this program at all, maybe someone else can share some lights on this.

Last edited:
why join Air New Zealand? What do they have? Your other memberships can get you ANZ flights anyway.

I guess Air New Zealand has no choice, possibly watching their loyal customers to elsewhere so far this year. They will no doubt struggle to keep up.

does this charge proceeded automatically? or is there an option to cancel the membership?

this charge sucks

Well, when you sign up with the amex promo they do not ask you for any financial details so cannot automatically charge you.

There is no mention of the annual $30 fee when signing up online either.

So i will have to wait a year and see if they try and charge me a fee.

Well, when you sign up with the amex promo they do not ask you for any financial details so cannot automatically charge you.

There is no mention of the annual $30 fee when signing up online either.

So i will have to wait a year and see if they try and charge me a fee.

From memory, they debit your FF account with 30 airpoints, so that if you ever do accumulate, you lose it then.

Talk about winning friends and influenceing people!

I think it is $20 or 20 air points if you get elecronic statements rather than paper mail.

still, join a program which has an annual fee sucks pretty bad.

and your points get expired after 4 years as well.

I was thinking of joining just for kicks as well as get a foot in *A, but then I saw the fee per year as well as the less-than-optimal conversion rates of Amex MR to Airpoints plus the exhorbitant amounts of Airpoints required for both NZ and *A premium awards.

Now if they'll comp me NZ GE despite my being an AU citizen, perhaps I'll change my mind.... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back