Free flights earn points?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nathanxu

Intern
Hi guys,

I recently took a return Virgin flight as part of the complementary flight for American Express member. Can you earn velocity points with these flights? I remember when Qantas use to offer these complementary flight, earning frequent flyer miles were possible.

Cheers

I recently took a return Virgin flight as part of the complementary flight for American Express member. Can you earn velocity points with these flights? I remember when Qantas use to offer these complementary flight, earning frequent flyer miles were possible.

I don't believe so - I have heard of people taking these flights that have had them post as not valid for earn.

I just booked a couple of free flights - my card plus partner's card. I was asked for FF numbers, so i think they are eligible.

BTW big shout out to the AMEX Platinum travel person who managed the bookings-excellent.

So does that mean that supplementary cards also get 1 free domestic flight per year?

My Amex flights posted as not eligible for earn. Pretty sure this is stated in the T&C. They take you member number so the bookings can be added to your profile.

I believe when these flights were with qantas you could pay extra to get a flexible fare class and those flights would earn. I don't know the details and I don't know if that works with virgin.

Flights not eligible for earning.

Not sure if they will apply towards the minimum sectors on Virgin Australia (when that gets implemented for Velocity status).

Have on a piece of paper at work the details of which classes they book into. Will look for it tomorrow and report back.

I booked my partners flight as the free flight and then booked the flight as me... mainly for the points he he

but yes the free flight does not earn points

if anyone says they did, it was most likely a glitch

Comes up as not valid for earn and yes I had given her Velocity number

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back