Free flight off Amex Reserve card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foreigner

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
I'm just close to renewal date and spoke to Amex travel rep. When I explained I wasn't certain of travel dates, she gave me two weeks to decide dates of travel. Good news. Now, I want to know if I book seats from Sydney to Auckland, can the return flights be Wellington to Sydney?

If allowed, My next question is whether I can book flights for my parents. I am the cardholder.

I received a 10 day extension on mine as well.

You can only ask about the open jaw. Look for L or R class availability.

I rang re free flight that belonged to my husband. The lady did the search, found the dates etc and said can't put it through until she spoke to the cardholder. Was too easy.

Now, I want to know if I book seats from Sydney to Auckland, can the return flights be Wellington to Sydney

I hope you have better luck than i did with my old man's plat edge. we booked 2 returns syd-lst but they would not allow 4 one ways ... re your open jaw hope it works

we were allowed to book for primary (obv) and supp cardholder. not sure if they'll allow someone not on the account

I hope you have better luck than i did with my old man's plat edge. we booked 2 returns syd-lst but they would not allow 4 one ways ... re your open jaw hope it works

we were allowed to book for primary (obv) and supp cardholder. not sure if they'll allow someone not on the account

You were able to book 2 return tickets on the same ticket just by having a supp card holder?

I may be in luck. Both my parents are supplementary cardholders with my platinum charge card account.

You were able to book 2 return tickets on the same ticket just by having a supp card holder?

oh the lady at amex travel was very nice. she extended the validity of the previous years free flight which had just expired and by paying the next years annual fee (so we had to pay the card balance before month's end) early she let us book two tickets on the same flight.

With only a year of a "normal" household spend (not comparing to cove and some other CC point superstars), the sign up bonus and a few of my work expenses thrown in (like bonus points via hotel club) the folks have about 100 000 MR points and have redeemed easily 800 bucks in flights. All for $300 in annual fees.

they're looking to redeem for flights to india (they have another 20K each in their respective krisflyer accounts) so they should be able to redeem at least one economy class return?

I just don't understand journos i papers who rant on about how unless you put hundreds of thousands through, reward point cc/FF programs are useless

edit: spelling

I can confirmn that they allow you to book for at third party (does not have to be primary card holder or supp card holder)

Is that with edge or reserve? I heard of people selling theirs on ebay.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back