Free Espresso maker

Status
Not open for further replies.

wxxnxs

Hello, I am after some suggestions about the complimentary Breville Espresso maker campain that Amex launched before, you spend your card 3 times and entitle to get that one. I have waited for 4 months and it still hasn't come yet, I made the call last week and was told by:" I could wait until they get the stock but don't know how long will it take or they can credit $100 to my card". Just not sure which option I should take, is that machine worth more than that much?

Thanks very much

Hello, I am after some suggestions about the complimentary Breville Espresso maker campain that Amex launched before, you spend your card 3 times and entitle to get that one. I have waited for 4 months and it still hasn't come yet, I made the call last week and was told by:" I could wait until they get the stock but don't know how long will it take or they can credit $100 to my card". Just not sure which option I should take, is that machine worth more than that much?

Thanks very much
I work in the industry.

I'd suggest taking the cash. The low end espresso makers use the term 'espresso' very loosely.

Very few people are satisifed with the low end machines. Too slow to use, too much hard work. If you need to make more than 1 coffee for a dinner or breakfast, the first people are almost finished by the time the next are served.

Put the cash towards selecting your own appliance.

Cheers

I work in the industry.

I'd suggest taking the cash. The low end espresso makers use the term 'espresso' very loosely.

Very few people are satisifed with the low end machines. Too slow to use, too much hard work. If you need to make more than 1 coffee for a dinner or breakfast, the first people are almost finished by the time the next are served.

Put the cash towards selecting your own appliance.

Cheers

Thanks for your suggestion, I am Asian, I hardly make coffee at home. It's good idea to take the cash, at least I can use that money to buy something I want.

Re: the free espresso machine by AMEX - i bought the same one several years ago for AU$29 in Sydney. Bought it at the Breville factory outlet in the city, near Fisherman's Wharf.

Feedback re: the machine - it's a piece of s***

Take the $100 cash.

Thanks for your suggestion, I am Asian, I hardly make coffee at home. It's good idea to take the cash, at least I can use that money to buy something I want.

Asians do make coffee at home too you know ... :shock:

they are even baristas !! :p

I agree with you SnowYeti.

I am a good example.:D

and wxxnxs, do you know the model they are going to send you?

I suggest you tae the cash...as I have one of them.

I orginally was offered it to sign on for my Maximiser.

No machine turned up...so I complained...they said they had run out and offered 3000 points instead which I accepted.

3 months later a coffee machine was left on my doorstep...with no note as to whom it was from..but I asume Amex

So I received bonus points..and the machine ;) but the machine is not very good.

I suggest you tae the cash...as I have one of them.

I orginally was offered it to sign on for my Maximiser.

No machine turned up...so I complained...they said they had run out and offered 3000 points instead which I accepted.

3 months later a coffee machine was left on my doorstep...with no note as to whom it was from..but I asume Amex

So I received bonus points..and the machine ;) but the machine is not very good.

Updating the case, made a phone call on Friday and was told they are not gonna send me the machine nor credit because they said I am not entitled to get that offer after 4 months waiting which is informed by their sales & maketing department. I did aske why but apparently they can not tell you the exactly reason, just refused the offer. The guy suggested me to make a complaint and wait to see what's happening, I told him as a human being, it is not worthy to spend any time on this ****. Honestly, I don't care that machine at all, just question when AMEX launch an offer, is that 100% real? Any way, I will call back on Tuesday to cancel the card and as well as our corporate card, my boss is already pissed off of their service.

Updating the case, made a phone call on Friday and was told they are not gonna send me the machine nor credit because they said I am not entitled to get that offer after 4 months waiting which is informed by their sales & maketing department. I did aske why but apparently they can not tell you the exactly reason, just refused the offer. The guy suggested me to make a complaint and wait to see what's happening, I told him as a human being, it is not worthy to spend any time on this ****. Honestly, I don't care that machine at all, just question when AMEX launch an offer, is that 100% real? Any way, I will call back on Tuesday to cancel the card and as well as our corporate card, my boss is already pissed off of their service.
If they are not fulfilling a marketing offer. Too many companies are getting away with slackness.

Do yourself a favour and lodge a complaint with the FOS. You can do it online, and it won't take much of your time. Even if you are cancelling the cards, I think you should still do it, so AMEX will be forced to give you a credit for this promotion. I hate how they think they can get away with it!

Do yourself a favour and lodge a complaint with the FOS. You can do it online, and it won't take much of your time. Even if you are cancelling the cards, I think you should still do it, so AMEX will be forced to give you a credit for this promotion. I hate how they think they can get away with it!

Thanks for your suggestion SnowYeti, I just wondering does complaint really matter to them? If it does, then obviously they care about their customers but so far I can not see any of their behaviour to really care. I will call back on Tuesday anyway and see if it's necessary to lodge a complaint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back