Free Amex Platinum Edge card as Additional Card with Amex Platinum Charge Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novaprospekt

I have recently received my Amex Platinum Charge card

When logged into the Amex Credit Card account online > Card Management > Apply for Additional cards, I am taken to the Supplementary cards page

I have the option to apply for "The Platinum Edge Supplementary Credit Card" with Annual Card fee being $0 p.a.

Supplementary Cards are a convenient way of allowing your loved ones – such as a spouse, or a son or daughter away at university – to share many of the Card benefits you currently enjoy.

• Apply by 2nd May 2016, be approved and you will receive 3,000 Bonus Reward Points for the first Supplementary Card on your Account[SUP]1[/SUP]
  • You can have up to 4 Supplementary Cards[SUP]2[/SUP] – at $0 annual Card fee, so you can increase your opportunities to earn Membership Rewards points

• Earn 3 Membership Rewards points[SUP]3[/SUP] per dollar when a Card is used at major supermarkets
  • Earn 2 Membership Rewards points[SUP]3[/SUP] per dollar when a Card is used at major petrol stations
  • Earn 1 Membership Rewards point[SUP]3[/SUP] per dollar spent on all other purchases excluding utilities, insurance (except those issued by American Express), telecommunication providers and government bodies in Australia where you earn 0.5 Membership Rewards points[SUP]3[/SUP] per dollar spent.

Has anyone with the Amex Platinum Charge Card applied for this?

No Platinum Reserve card offered??.... that was the card to go with Plat Charge ..... changers are coming thick & fast with Amex.

You can get the Platinum Reserve Card too for $0 p.a.

I read in this thread that the Platinum Edge card is not available with the Platinum Chard Card anymore. Hence my question
australianfrequentflyer.com.au/community/referral-offers/amex-platinum-charge-card-now-69803.html

I happen to still have my Green and Platinum Charge Cards, each with Platinum Edge and Reserve as companions respectively. For $80p.a, the Green Charge + Plat Edge was certainly a smart move to keep.

I see the option too. Applying now. This was the supp card I was after. Which I ended up applying for directly (and getting). Now to save a few $$ :)

This was the supp card I was after. Which I ended up applying for directly (and getting). Now to save a few $$ :)

Then if you already have one (with payable annual fee) you shouldn't re-apply for a free one but simply call them up and ask them to convert it to $0 yearly fee - and while you are at it perhaps ask them to refund you the last yearly fee ;)

I see the option too. Applying now. This was the supp card I was after. Which I ended up applying for directly (and getting). Now to save a few $$ :)

In the terms it mentions that it is only a companion for your platinum edge card. Wonder whether it will work?

Just in case anyone is unclear on this (I was) I spoke to AMEX the other day and this offer merely means that if you have a Platinum Edge credit card and you like to add a supplementary card holder their card will have no annual fee (you'll also get 3000 bonus points until the 2nd of May).

The only companion card that is available for the Platinum Charge is still the Platinum Reserve card.

Hope this all makes sense.

Yup, called up and was told the same. No Platinum Edge as an Companion Card for Platinum Charge still, only Reserve.

Have just been approved for the platinum charge. Card not yet arrived. Am going to get the Edge as well. Was going to wait until the Plat Charge card arrives and then apply, but I guess I could just do it now??

Have just been approved for the platinum charge. Card not yet arrived. Am going to get the Edge as well. Was going to wait until the Plat Charge card arrives and then apply, but I guess I could just do it now??

I waited until my charge arrived, but assuming you are planning to use a referral for the Edge, I probably wouldn't delay as the current referrals run out in a couple of weeks.

Regarding credit scores etc, waiting a few weeks is very unlikely to make any difference.

thanks Bluey - done and approved with your refferal.

Good to hear your application was successful and thanks very much for the referral. I hope the edge works out well for you - it certainly has for me (easily my most used card).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Staff online

Back