Found a bit of an Easy Bill Pay loophole

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJSteve

After speaking with some people on the forums about how EBP allows some payment types that Yak Pay (the platform we use for our MC/ Visa transactions) does not (like BPay) I thought I'd check it out. Kind of had a bit of a revelation after having signed up and played around a little bit, you can actually use YakPay to EFT your funds into the account for a cheaper fee (1% as opposed to approx. 1.3%) - using a credit card this still gets you points, saves money and means less time on their platform. Time vs. money is then the conversation but if you're making large transactions it starts to pay off

At first, I was a bit confused when I read above, but I think you're saying YP - EBP for funds transfer, and this gives you a 1% vs 1.3% rate on EBP - is that right?

At first, I was a bit confused when I read above, but I think you're saying YP - EBP for funds transfer, and this gives you a 1% vs 1.3% rate on EBP - is that right?

Yes, sorry I'm a bit all over the place today with it being a Friday - That's what I'm trying to say

Interesting and thanks - I'll have a look into it and PM you if I have any questions

Ok I did a little $10 ‘tester’ and all worked fine - zero fees from EBP - anybody tested it on significant sums?

Do users of YP require an ABN to participate? (If yes, can anyone just get one and use for personnal bills?).

Should have reported back I have done a couple more transactions this way and all appears well ATPIT

I would assume FF pts cultivation would be the underlying reason most would use this type of payment vehicle - not too sure how accurate the 1% figure is - could vary substantially from user to user

I wouldn't recommend warehousing for very long.

Depends how far you push the envelope - what’s in the T&C - and any draconian penalties a provider may take.

Just my opinion.... but straying from a lane can have negatives.

Depends how far you push the envelope - what’s in the T&C - and any draconian penalties a provider may take.

Just my opinion.... but straying from a lane can have negatives.

Thanks. I guess we’ll see.

Yes,
Do users of YP require an ABN to participate? (If yes, can anyone just get one and use for personnal bills?).

Yes and yes. You can set yourself up as a sole trader for free online, get your abn and start using the platform

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back