Flights are more expensive than ever

PlaneCrazy

We have had a lot of issues with my work and VA putting in fake / optimistic schedules only a couple of weeks out then consolidating and cancelling the night before. It was part of the reason we have moved a majority of flying away from them despite the money they owe us.

To be fair we had the same with JQ for a while but QF and JQ seen to have more stable schedules and more reliable to fly, perhaps carrying more freight than VA?
Similar scenario happened to me. Last week booked virgin syd-ool for 12 December due to better schedule than Qantas as their last flight left around lunch. Was surprised virgin had greater frequency into the evening. Virgin subsequently reduced their offering to a daily flight departing circa 11am. Thought it might be insider knowledge that the boarder would still be shut?

AMX001595_Travel-Insider_1100x260

eastwest101

Established Member
It's dropped again to $119...
Yes - I think at the moment its going to be a case of the yield managers at all airlines going back to being on their L plates again, as the random state border closures and change in consumer behaviour, lack of scale/frequency, no international tourists, less business travel and other Covid-19 effects are going to put all their historical data and assumptions about price elasticity in the dustbin of history for the next little while.

Now with contactless delivery, shop online to get drinks delivered to your door or pick up in-store in 30 minutes. Lowest Liquor Price Guarantee. Biggest Range.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

wendlle

Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Gold
I had flights with Virgin from Canberra to Sydney booked for $89 each way for Feb 11-12.
They were cancelled when Sydney had the covid scare and ACT locked them out.
They aren't flying again until Feb 22, flights with Qantas are over $189 each way. INSANE!

kookaburra75

Established Member
Solutions
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Gold
They aren't flying again until Feb 22, flights with Qantas are over $189 each way. INSANE!
That's about the normal price for Canberra-Sydney flights pre-Covid - allowing for the "Canberra tax", so not much difference.

wendlle

Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Gold
I’ve never ever paid that. Must always get them on sale as I never pay more than $99

jase05

Established Member
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Platinum
Have ADL-MEL booked for this Thursday and VA was $399 for J whilst QF wanted $1372 and their cheapest Y was $322. No lounge here currently is a bummer but I’m sure if I get peckish the extra $1000 in my pocket should buy a snack or two (even at ADL airports inflated prices) 😂

AIRwin

Established Member
Solutions
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Gold
"Let the good times fly" sale now on until 8 February:

AIRwin

Established Member
Solutions
Qantas