Flight Centre, Virgin flights or upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRiddler

I have nearly 500,000 points accrued in my CBA Rewards account. Trying to fathom out the best way of utilising them to obtain flights to the UK for myself, the wife and our son who will be 3 at the time of travel next September.

Should I convert to a Flight Centre Voucher and then purchase flights through them - gives me the opportunity of selecting which carrier - looks as though Emirates has some good prices at the moment and providing I book a QF flight #, I can then get the status credits. Or should I convert to Virgin points (I havent preregistered with QFF) and then book flights through them on Etihad or Singapore Airlines? Or should I purchase flights on Etihad/Singapore directly myself and then utilise Virgin points to try and secure upgrades? Is that even possible?

If I do go down the Virgin points route, I probably need to hold out until the next time they/CBA run one of their bonus conversion rate promos to maxmise the transfer value. Hopefully that will come around soon as I will probably need to book flights in the next month or two. Talking of which, how far in advance do Emirates, Etihad and Singapore open up their inventory?

Thanks in advance for any help.

I think it all depends on when you want to fly. During peek times it might be better to try to use your points for frequent flyer points. Off peek you might be better of getting the FC credit. Do your sums and see how much the credits are worth compared to FF points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back