FHR Complimentary Benefits

wsthong

Is there a minimum stay to be entitled for some of the benefits as per below:
  • US $100 Property credit to be used during your stay.
  • Room upgrade upon arrival, when available
  • Noon check-in, when available
  • Daily breakfast for two
  • Guaranteed 4:00 pm late check-out
How does the US $100 Property credit applied during your stay and what can it be used for?
Booking will Travel Credit permissible and any additional amount payable of AUD500 is entitled to the $500/$100 statement credit?

Solution
There is usually no minimum stay
Property credit typically can be used for hotel dining, spa services, laundry etc
As long as you pay $500+ in cash upfront, the credit should trigger regardless of using a TC in addition. Note that the default for FHR properties is pay at hotel which won't trigger the statement credit-if you are not given option to pay in advance, you may need to call
There is usually no minimum stay
Property credit typically can be used for hotel dining, spa services, laundry etc
As long as you pay $500+ in cash upfront, the credit should trigger regardless of using a TC in addition. Note that the default for FHR properties is pay at hotel which won't trigger the statement credit-if you are not given option to pay in advance, you may need to call

Solution

Just following on from @andye 's reply - I'm looking at booking a night at The W Brisbane. Does anyone have experience with using the FHR credit for parking, and if so, whether the credit can be spread across multiple types of spend (e.g. to pay for parking, as well as some food)?

Just following on from @andye 's reply - I'm looking at booking a night at The W Brisbane. Does anyone have experience with using the FHR credit for parking, and if so, whether the credit can be spread across multiple types of spend (e.g. to pay for parking, as well as some food)?
I haven’t come across any hotel which allowed the credit to be used for parking.
Don’t know specifically about the W
At most hotels it’s usually F&B, Spa and MiniBar, Room Service.

I’ve used the credit for parking for one night for a rental car I got the night before departure. When I checked out without using the remainder of the credit, reception suggested two club sandwiches to go, which they placed in our rental car along with luggage. This was at Park Hyatt Melbourne January this year.

I haven’t come across any hotel which allowed the credit to be used for parking.
Credit for parking worked at the Shangri-La in Sydney. The listing will list what the credit can be used for, ie "property credit", "F&B credit", "Spa Credit", etc. "Property credit" should cover anything that can be charged to the room.

I've never tried parking, having never used FHR when I was driving to the hotel.

But it's worth noting where there are certain properties where they will not allow spa treatments to be applied against the credit (and I've asked). In those cases it's usually labelled as specific to F&B.

Mine did for valet parking at Marriott.

Not sure for other hotels, Marriott just bills everything(Parking, mini bar, dinner) into your room. And -$100 USD when you check out.

On a slightly related note, does anyone remember the surveys we used to get after a FHR stay, and does anyone know if this has been officially stopped (or if it is just the hotels that have generally stopped handing out survey forms)?

Just to reply to myself and for future reference, the FHR credit at The W Brisbane:
- Can be used on/at: Away Spa, Wet Deck, Living Room Bar, In Room Dining, Valet Parking
- CANNOT be used on/at: Three Blue Ducks, W Store

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back