Family points pooling

Status
Not open for further replies.

albyd

Established Member
Hi,

I'm a citi Select card holder. I want to maximise my Citi points for KF points. My wife needs to separate her personal & work spending but I can't give her a second supp on my Select account. I don't think her work expenses justify another $700 Select fee. Was thinking of getting her to sign up for Signature. I understand Signature points earn is lower (1.5 vs 2 Citi Points/$1) but at least all earning points on the one program.

I came across this in the FAQs:
Can I transfer my points to another Cardholder?
Credit Cards/ Frequently Asked Questions - Citibank Australia

Seems to imply that you can transfer points to a family member. Have I understood this correctly? Can my wife direct the points she earns on her signature card to my Citi rewards points balance.

Albyd.

You may get help from Duffa if you send a PM. I think he has worked this out.
Mrscove and I have about the same number of points in Kris as I use Citi Select and she uses Westpac Kris so that has fixed unequal accounts for us.
Then of course you should not load Krisflyer with more points than you can use in 3.5 years for yourself and your 5 nominees.

How about transferring points across different cards? I currently have a silver mastercard and a gold visa. Would be good to pool the points together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back