Explorer Screen Insurance Terms changing to 3 years since purchase from March 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOPOOR

Established Member
Just called up to do a broken screen insurance claim,
got told as of march 2022, it will be limited to 3 years since you purchased the phone, not for ever like it used to be

apparently it was in a T/C update in dec 2021 email, but who reads them

so if you are going to break your screen make sure its the first 3 years !

Last edited:
Just called up to do a broken screen insurance claim,
got told as of march 2022, it will be limited to 3 years since you purchased the phone, not for ever like it used to be

apparently it was in a T/C update in dec 2021 email, but who reads them

so if you are going to break your screen make sure its the first 3 years !
Doesn’t seem to radical a change.

given that most people only keep their phones for 2 years, thats fair enough,

i love my phone and am trying to see how long it lasts
Still got an S7 - cost $400 outright- it does the job. Saved myself about $6000 not upgrading every 2 years. Although will upgrade soon, just for better camera/photo outcomes.

Still got an S7 - cost $400 outright- it does the job. Saved myself about $6000 not upgrading every 2 years. Although will upgrade soon, just for better camera/photo outcomes.
And you could have saved as well if you have broken your screen too;)

does this mean that any phone purchased before march 2022 will also be affected by this new 3 year rule? ie or are phones purchased before march 2022 indefinitely covered for screen damage?

does this mean that any phone purchased before march 2022 will also be affected by this new 3 year rule? ie or are phones purchased before march 2022 indefinitely covered for screen damage?
just got off to chubb who confirmed that even if you buy PRIOR to march 2022, the 3 year rule applies , and its not 3 years since the purchase, its the age of the phone of 3 years

is that even legal to apply changes to past transactions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back