Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
SkyTeam
Elite Plus
Star Alliance
Gold
There were a few references in Qantas' half-yearly financial results announcement yesterday to a large expansion in Qantas Frequent Flyer's partnership with Commonwealth Bank to be rolled out in 2021.

For example, it's mentioned here:

Qantas press release said:
Qantas Loyalty signed multi-year deals with three of the major banks, including a significant expansion with Commonwealth Bank to be rolled out later this calendar year.

And in Alan Joyce's speech:

Alan Joyce said:
Our partners see this strength, and that’s why we’ve been able to sign fresh multi-year deals with the banks – including a major expansion with the Commonwealth Bank – that will continue to drive earnings.

Anyone know what this involves? Will we see some new co-branded Qantas/CommBank credit cards, perhaps?

On the CBA website under the Platinum and Diamond cards it says 'Effective from 2 June 2023, we are no longer accepting new applications for the [Platinum/Diamond] Awards credit card'.

Wonder if new card types are replacing them? Leaves the standard Awards and Ultimate Awards as the only CBA points earning credit cards.

Well if CBA are working closer with QF, this will likely be them making their credit card program ‘simpler and fairer’. 🚨 ‼️

On the CBA website under the Platinum and Diamond cards it says 'Effective from 2 June 2023, we are no longer accepting new applications for the [Platinum/Diamond] Awards credit card'.

Wonder if new card types are replacing them? Leaves the standard Awards and Ultimate Awards as the only CBA points earning credit cards.
I’d guess pushing customers onto new products based on the “ultimate” card perhaps?

Has anyone taken out one of these CBA cards, and if so, how long has it taken for points to be posted?

Has anyone taken out one of these CBA cards, and if so, how long has it taken for points to be posted?
Yes applied maybe 3 and a half months ago, had phone call asking for documents, approved 1week later, hard to know you don’t receive any emails or sms saying approved just have to look into mail, anyway it’s 3 months $5000 spend for 70,000 Qantas points if you choose that offer…. Hit minimum spend just under 1 month then got points on 2nd statement…. Will do again next yet

Yes applied maybe 3 and a half months ago, had phone call asking for documents, approved 1week later, hard to know you don’t receive any emails or sms saying approved just have to look into mail, anyway it’s 3 months $5000 spend for 70,000 Qantas points if you choose that offer…. Hit minimum spend just under 1 month then got points on 2nd statement…. Will do again next yet

Exactly the same experience here, hit min spend in first month, points posted on the same date as my 2nd statement.

Exactly the same experience here, hit min spend in first month, points posted on the same date as my 2nd statement.
did bonus points show up anywhere in the cba awards system prior to posting to your account?

From memory yes, at 2.5:1.
Ok, thank you. Per another thread, wondering whether to worry that the bonus points aren't there yet for me (worried due to points club timing); exactly where it would show up is a bit unclear to me though. Could be a transaction line, or just in the total?

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back