Enjoy 1 Bonus Point with every $2 you spend

Status
Not open for further replies.

gibspmuh

Just received a letter in the mail with an included postcard with an offer of 1 Bonus Point with every $2 you spend from 1 April 2009 - 30 June 2009, capped at 10,000 bonus points per month. To sign up go to americanexpress.com.au/accelerate and enter 'accelerate' - full t&c's can be found at americanexpress.com.au/t&cs - they're reasonably comprehensive, so there's not a lot of room for complaint on this one if you're prohibited from signing up.

Last edited:
I think point 1 and 4 show Amex has learned from the last promo!

1. In order to register in the promotion, a Cardmember’s account must be in good standing. Cardmembers must also have:
- received a personally addressed direct mail or email invitation to register a specific Card in the promotion as nominated by American Express. Only the Card that was nominated in the invitation to participate can be registered. Only one registration per Cardmember is permitted. Multiple enrolments will not be accepted.
- have registered online at americanexpress.com.au/accelerate during the promotion period. Online registrations only will be permitted.

4. Up to a maximum of 10,000 Membership Rewards Bonus Points can be earned by a registered Cardmember on eligible purchases during each calendar month of the promotion period.

They obviously don't want me as part of the promo. :( The message I get is:

We apologise, this Bonus offer has now ended. Keep an eye out for our forthcoming promotional bonuses and remember, you can register for the bonus as soon as you get our notification, there is no need to wait until the bonus starts. That way, you will automatically earn bonus points as soon as the promotion starts!

They obviously don't want me as part of the promo. :( The message I get is:

We apologise, this Bonus offer has now ended. Keep an eye out for our forthcoming promotional bonuses and remember, you can register for the bonus as soon as you get our notification, there is no need to wait until the bonus starts. That way, you will automatically earn bonus points as soon as the promotion starts!

Yep Straitman,
Got the same reply.:shock:

Hooray!

Promo must be in the mail at home, I figured I might as well try to register.

Signed up for .5 bonus points per dollar from April.

Thanks gibspmuh

Last edited:
I'm surprised that I was offered this promo, especially after the last promo:

Thank you. You are now registered for the promotion listed below From April 1 to June 30 2009, you can earn 0.5 Membership Rewards bonus points on eligible purchases you charge to your registered Card during the promotion period up to a maximum of 10,000 Membership Rewards bonus points each month. See Membership Rewards - Terms and Conditions for full terms and conditions.

I'm surprised that I was offered this promo, especially after the last promo:

It may be that Amex want to encourage people to not move to Direct Sweep Cards.

All American Express Corporate Cards, Qantas American Express Cards, David Jones American Express Cards and all Cardmembers who did not receive a personally addressed direct mail or email invitation for this promotion are ineligible to participate in this offer.

And I am in too :):)

I love Amex.

Great timing too. This starts the day after the Earth (Amex/MC) promo finishes.

Now only problem is that you neeed to spend $20,000 per month...................or $60,000 in total to get the full 30,000. So that will not happen in my case.

This makes up for the rate dropping from 1.5 to 1.25 till June anyway giving an effective temporay rate of 1.75.

Still with the Earth Card earning 3.0 till March 31, I will "overspend" on that meaning that my April spend will be light.

Last edited:
Not sure whether I was targetted but I have been trying to load the website all night without success. I suspect it is something to do with Windows Vista and/or 3 mobile broadband. I will try again at work tomorrow.

No go for me... got the:

No go for me... got the:

Same here. That may be the "diplomatic" response to those who weren't targetted.

I'm not important enough (to be targetted according to Amex). Received a polite refusal as well :(

I'm in the out crowd too.

Clearly being "good" earns one no brownie points with amex.. lesson learned..:rolleyes:

Windows Vista Business and 3 Mobile broadband are a total waste of time. :( The webpage loaded up instantaneously at work and apparently I was targetted.

Amex Accelerate Promotion said:
Thank you. You are now registered for the promotion listed below

I have saved the webpage and also printed a hard copy. I don't expect many bonus MR points but any is better than none....

It seems to be targetted to those who are subject to an amex imposed points per dollar decrease from midnight on 30 march 2009.

I got the letter and postcard as well - funny thing was when my wife expressed surprise that:

(a) they would have another promo so soon after the last one
(b) that I got invited again
(3) that meant we were going to be predominately spending on Amex again. "Of course" was the answer.

Interesting that the second headline in the letter said "The Analysis of frequentflyer . com . au". Well done for getting involved admin, I'm sure that this will increase traffic to the site.

Yes, not as generous as the last one (well, what could match it - I doubt there ever will be one as generous as the previous one). At 0.5 points/$1 is smart - they are looking for bigger dollar transactions.

Logged on, signed up and got the nice response "Thank you. You are now registered for the promotion"

Like many, I'll earn some points, but I won't overspend merely to get points - just what the budget dictates I need to spend.

It seems to be targetted to those who are subject to an amex imposed points per dollar decrease from midnight on 30 march 2009.

I've got a Platinum Credit Card, so not points per dollar decrease that I'm aware of on it (just an ability to transfer to Qantas decrease). Maybe they're targeting members who had transferred to Qantas reguarly? I don't think any of us are going to find out the reasons why in a hurry though (just glad to be included on this one). :)

Just an ordinary Amex Gold card here at 1:1 unless the bonus offer is for the Qantas Premium card I hardly use.

Maybe they're targeting members who had transferred to Qantas reguarly?
Have never transferred out any points from MR.

I don't think any of us are going to find out the reasons why in a hurry though (just glad to be included on this one). :)
The selection criteria for who receives a promotion have always been sketchy and I can't see that changing anytime soon....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back