Emergency card replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

netaddict

I am going to be doing a lot of overseas travel during this year.

Would like to know if anyone has ever had to use the emergency card replacement services of any of the major providers (Mastercard, Visa, AMEX) while overseas? Keen to know if you had to do it work and were there any problems or any general comments?

I was in Bali and I was robbed. I called Visa and mastercard and Dinersclub International at 21.30pm to cancel my cards. I didnt have a cent to my name, when the local bank around the corner opened in the morning, Visa had arranged a $500 cash advance from my credit card for me to collect to tide me over until my new cards arrived at the hotel the next day by courier at no charge to me. All of the new cards arrived withing 24 to 48 hours, the service was brilliant. I continued on my holiday hating the locals but had a nice time anyway. My diners club insurance also covered my stolen cash. If i didn't have a credit card I probably would have had to rob someone myself to survive or beg at the Australian embassy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back