Ease of cancelling credit cards

CaptJCool

Established Member
having a chat with my brother about this and churning and there Didn’t seem to be a thread discussing how simple / complex it is to cancel cards.

I know some years ago it was meant to be by government legislation made easier to do.

I imagine some are straight-forward online requests while others are much more like jumping through hoops.

would be interested in finding out from other peoples experience

thanks

Under credit changes a few years ago you can now cancel any credit card online. There will either be an option to do this or send them an online message. Shouldnt ake longer than 90 seconds to close.

It's never been easier.

Cancelling cars has never been difficult in my experience.

I always stop using the card just before last day of the cut-off for bill cycle so no charges carry over, ensure ive cancelled any direct debits, pay in full then just use online link, online chat or call to close. Never had any issues or needed to ask more than once.

Wait for card to show closed on credit report then apply for the next one.

Cancelled diners, nab, anz, sgb and wbc easily.

Cancelling cars has never been difficult in my experience.

Never an issue with me because I bought my Alfa outright for $12k. Wouldn't cancel this anytime; will be driving it 'til it dies (although could just end up being a timing chain in the next 10,000 kms but whatever lol). Yes, go buy your Yarris for twice the price and live boring - this Alfisti is debt-free! Beats me why people pay $70k for a new car.
DSC_0197.JPG:cool:

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back