Earning QFF Points - EDR Qantas Credit Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattj

Hi All,

I've recently received my EDR Qantas credit card and have so far used it for a few purchases like fuel and groceries (about $500 total).

I do have a large payment I need to make to an electricity company for about $13,000.

Do people see any issues with this not earning points? Given its a large amount I don't want to waste paying for it on this card if I wont receive the points.

Thanks,
Mattj

Hi All,

I've recently received my EDR Qantas credit card and have so far used it for a few purchases like fuel and groceries (about $500 total).

I do have a large payment I need to make to an electricity company for about $13,000.

Do people see any issues with this not earning points? Given its a large amount I don't want to waste paying for it on this card if I wont receive the points.

Thanks,
Mattj

I dont think there is anything wrong with this... enjoy the points :)

HSBC can be harsh sometimes, if they suspect your purchase is not normal for daily expense, then they will cancel the card for you without the notification.

Only alternative may be to pay the electricity bill in small increments to fly under the radar. Not a guarantee though.

I've had some really large medical bills go straight through, and some small ones (usually overseas) blocked by the HSBC security team. They have usually called me if they block a transaction, and then let it through.

Perhaps worth a call to them first.

Can anyone confirm whether partial dollars earn a QFF point?

In the T&C it states:
"3.9 We allocate one ordinary point for each whole AUD1.00 of the total value of each eligible transaction (rounded up or down to the nearest whole dollar value
of the eligible transaction) in a statement period for your account."

I have 2 questions:
1. Does $0.50 round up or down?
2. If you have 2 transactions of $0.26 each would you end up with 1 point at the end of the period ($0.26 x 2 = $0.52 which rounds up to $1.00 and 1 point? Or do you get 0 points as each transaction would be treated independently? My understanding from the T&C is that it would be 0 points if I have interpreted "each eligible transaction" correctly.

In the T&C it states:
"3.9 We allocate one ordinary point for each whole AUD1.00 of the total value of each eligible transaction (rounded up or down to the nearest whole dollar value

I have 2 questions:
2. If you have 2 transactions of $0.26 each would you end up with 1 point at the end of the period ($0.26 x 2 = $0.52 which rounds up to $1.00 and 1 point? Or do you get 0 points as each transaction would be treated independently? My understanding from the T&C is that it would be 0 points if I have interpreted "each eligible transaction" correctly.

I hate to say it, but if you're worried about half a cent, you won't be flying far.

My points earn is my closing balance plus or minus 1 or 2 points.

I'm thinking more along the line of virtually doubling the points using BankWest-style multiple small payments of bills.

sounds like a lot of hard work for a relatively small quantity of points... if you have the ability to do it, venture over to the ATO thread for cheap & easy earn

In the T&C it states:

I have 2 questions:

HSBC does not award transaction by transaction, it will count your total expense during the statement and then allocate points on the full amount, however if your total amount in your statement is $150.6, then you will get 151 QFF points, if it is $150.4, you will get 150 points.

sounds like a lot of hard work for a relatively small quantity of points... if you have the ability to do it, venture over to the ATO thread for cheap & easy earn
Thanks. Yes, I'm aware of this but am not in the same position as the lucky few.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back