Earn 10K Qf points doing 10 trades ($50 in total) using Superhero Trading acct

kpc

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Gold

This ad popped up...can earn 10K Qf pts by doing10 trades at $5 brokerage each so $50 in total...maybe worthwhile?

That's how I read it. Risk of shares falling in value though. Unsure whether there is a minimum holding period for whatever shares you buy.

The bigger risk is that you learn all about their platform, exposure to banner ads and popups, they send you lots of ongoing emails and phone calls etc etc

Terms here : Superhero Qantas Frequent Flyer (QFF) Terms and Conditions

Doesn't seem to mention any holding time. I guess maybe you need to still adhere to T+3

So if you were to move in/out of a stock for the minimum trade value $100 (?) it would appear to qualify.

I am thinking I have ~$250 at risk

I would sign up with an alternate email so I can quarantine the communications. ie [email protected]

Deposit $170

Buy 24 x ASX:QAN Qantas 23 @ $4.50
Sell 24 x ASX:QAN Qantas 23 @ $4.50

Cash out ~$120

Rinse & repeat for wife account

Wait 30 days for points

Last edited:
The bigger risk is that you learn all about their platform, exposure to banner ads and popups, they send you lots of ongoing emails and phone calls etc etc

Terms here : Superhero Qantas Frequent Flyer (QFF) Terms and Conditions

Doesn't seem to mention any holding time. I guess maybe you need to still adhere to T+3

So if you were to move in/out of a stock for the minimum trade value $100 (?) it would appear to qualify.

I am thinking I have ~$250 at risk

I would sign up with an alternate email so I can quarantine the communications. ie [email protected]

Deposit $246

Buy 1 x ASX:A200 BetaShares Australia 200 ETF $113
Trades Settle

Sell 1 x ASX:A200 BetaShares Australia 200 ETF ~$113
Trades Settle

Trades Settle

Trades Settle

Trades Settle

Trades Settle

Cash out (need to check process & time for this)

Rinse & repeat for wife account

Wait 30 days for points
All sound in principle except buying and selling Australian ETFs incurs no brokerage fee and thus won't make you eligible for the QFF points.

All sound in principle except buying and selling Australian ETFs incurs no brokerage fee and thus won't make you eligible for the QFF points.
That was a big oversight on my part. I have updated my strategy.

The other risk on this strategy is the time it takes to do it. compared to a credit card application sign-on bonus...much more work.

That was a big oversight on my part. I have updated my strategy.

The other risk on this strategy is the time it takes to do it. compared to a credit card application sign-on bonus...much more work.
You could have picked a company whose share price isn't in freefall. Give yourself a chance!! 🤣

Given that it's not CHESS, can you transfer shares to another platform after purchase, eg Selfwealth?

Seems no need to wait for the T+3 settlements.

I added $170
Place a buy order for 24 x QAN at market

by the time I went back to the dashboard the order was completed. placed the Sell order for 23 x QAN

Viewing on Activity tab shows the QFF points accruing. On sell orders it didn't immediately show the Qantas Points. When I checked back now, they are updated.

Rinse and repeat.

Withdrew $119.15

Took about 40 minutes from signing up, transferring funds in/out. 10,000 pts for $50.85

The points from my first day of trading have posted to my QFF account.

Just completed the trading for Mrs Albatross hers have cost $51.61 in 22 minutes.

Just a reminder that the broker is not CHESS sponsored. As much as they claim that there is no risk, it just isn't the same as CHESS sponsored for me.

Seems no need to wait for the T+3 settlements.

I added $170
Place a buy order for 24 x QAN at market

by the time I went back to the dashboard the order was completed. placed the Sell order for 23 x QAN

Viewing on Activity tab shows the QFF points accruing. On sell orders it didn't immediately show the Qantas Points. When I checked back now, they are updated.

Rinse and repeat.

Withdrew $119.15

Took about 40 minutes from signing up, transferring funds in/out. 10,000 pts for $50.85
What does it show on the activity tab? For me, after the first buy trade, I am only seeing that under activities, nothing to do with points accural. Just checking if this is on a Desktop or mobile?

Edit: Ah, scratch that, i had to click on a little arrow and sure enough it is there, thank you :)
1659314396892.png

Due to multi-tasking and not Paying attention I did an extra two trades which scored Me an extra 200 QFF points. But that was a great easy way to make 10,200 points
Post automatically merged:

You might want to add the step of adding your QFF number in the account details. I know it’s obvious and all…

This ad popped up...can earn 10K Qf pts by doing10 trades at $5 brokerage each so $50 in total...maybe worthwhile?
Hi I have minimal experience with stock market terminology although there was a similar offer a few years ago with Qantas points which I managed to navigate. So my question : does 10 trades mean 10 shares ? Do I have to buy and sell prior to 30 September for the points benefit? Can I buy now whatever defines 10 trades and sell after 30 September for the QF points?

10 actions of buying or selling any number of shares.

I bought a number of shares (1 trade)
then sold them again (2nd trade)
bought some more (3rd trade)
... and so on.

Hi , I have done my 10 trades for the 10,000 points and now wish to withdraw the remaining funds but get this message:

No withdrawal account available. To add a bank account please make a deposit (excluding BPAY) from a bank account in the same name as your Superhero account.

My initial deposit WAS from my bank account so why hasn't the following happened:

The bank account you transferred funds in by PayID will automatically have been added to your account. This is the bank account you are able to withdraw to.

I hope someone can help as I cant find a Superhero help number to call only a live chat.

Hi , I have done my 10 trades for the 10,000 points and now wish to withdraw the remaining funds but get this message:

No withdrawal account available. To add a bank account please make a deposit (excluding BPAY) from a bank account in the same name as your Superhero account.

My initial deposit WAS from my bank account so why hasn't the following happened:

The bank account you transferred funds in by PayID will automatically have been added to your account. This is the bank account you are able to withdraw to.

I hope someone can help as I cant find a Superhero help number to call only a live chat.
Their live chat helped me with this. If you transferred from a joint bank account to a Superhero account in your name alone, they'll ask for a copy of a bank statement for the relevant bank account. Reminds me of the processes that online gambling companies have in place. Dodgy this isn't explicitly stated in their FAQs too. However it was resolved within about 4 hours for me.

Their live chat helped me with this. If you transferred from a joint bank account to a Superhero account in your name alone, they'll ask for a copy of a bank statement for the relevant bank account. Reminds me of the processes that online gambling companies have in place. Dodgy this isn't explicitly stated in their FAQs too. However it was resolved within about 4 hours for me.
interesting. I contributed via PayID from a joint account and funds were withdrawn to the same account. Superhero account in just my name.

seems inconsistent.

I have resorted to live chat and in addition to bank statement they want photo of my license. Should I be concerned ?

I did my 10 trades for 10,000 pts - $170 in, $121 back out.

Has anyone done the US trade for 5,000 points? Just wondering if it's worth it? Minimum transfer is US$100.

==

1. Bonus Offer 3 (First U.S. Trade): Earn 5,000 Qantas Points when you complete your first U.S. trade with Superhero.
    1. Bonus Offer 3 is available from 5:00pm AEDT on 15 November 2022 until 11:59pm AEST on 30 April 2023 (Bonus Offer 3 Period).
    2. Earn 5,000 Qantas Points when you complete your first trade of a U.S. listed share or ETF (Eligible U.S. Trade) during the Bonus Offer 3 Period.
    3. To be eligible for the Superhero ‘First U.S. Trade’ Promotion you must complete your first Eligible U.S. Trade in your Superhero Trading Account during the Bonus Offer 3 Period.
    4. To earn Qantas Points with Superhero you must provide your QFF number and link it to your Superhero Trading Account using the ‘Profile’ tab of the Superhero platform BEFORE you trade.
    5. ‘First U.S. trade’ applies at a Superhero Member level. Any Eligible U.S. Trade transacted under account types other than your individual account such as, minor, company, or trust account(s), prior to commencement of the Bonus Offer 3 Period will be counted towards your first Eligible U.S. Trade.
    6. To place a U.S. trade, users must first transfer AUD to USD. Minimum transfer between AUD and USD is A$100 and currency transfer fees apply.
    7. Minimum trade size for U.S. shares is US$10.
    8. Self-managed super fund accounts are excluded from this promotion.
    9. Qantas Points will be credited to your QFF account within 30 days after your eligible trade is completed.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back