Downgrading from AMEX Centurion to Platinum - question .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brooke01

Hi all,

I am thinking about ditching my Centurion card, and downgrading to the Platinum charge card. I am just struggling to see the additional benefits vs the huge fee difference between the two.

Anyway, my question is probably a little odd - but bear with me.

Anyone who has done this, what is the procedure through AmEx ? Are you just automatically downgraded to the Plat charge upon request, or do you have to fill out an application form etc ??

My situation is that I actually fall short of the "required" income level for the Plat charge card. It seems crazy to me that they would offer me (and I have had it for 4 years now) the Centurion card, but may decline me for the lesser Platinum charge card due to falling short on the required income. I earn a decent salary, but not up in the 6 figures yet.

Any insight would be appreciated :)

Cheers,

Brooke

In the past they used to do it as a product transfer for you (platinum to gold at least)....best to ask them if others on here don't know

I doubt the income requirement would be an issue now your payment history has been established it's usually just A new client establishment criteria for charge cards.

In the past they used to do it as a product transfer for you (platinum to gold at least)....best to ask them if others on here don't know

I doubt the income requirement would be an issue now your payment history has been established it's usually just A new client establishment criteria for charge cards.

Thanks for the input Yohy - I have actually been with AmEx since 2000 - had the gold charge card initially, then went straight to Centurion in 2010. Never been late with a payment etc etc. I would hope I wouldn't have any problems downgrading - but you never know !

Cheers,

Brooke

I did it three months ago. Was all handled over the phone and by email. And of course, being American Express, not a single word of thanks for being a Centurion member for ten years.

How did you manage to go from gold to centurion at the same time you didn't meet the income qualifier? Spend up big on company expenses that you get reimbursed for?

As others have said, don't expect a thanks as they slam the door behind you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back