DoubleTree coming to Hobart

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Star Alliance
Silver
What was to be a new Novotel (right next to a new-ish Ibis Styles) is now going to be a new DoubleTree. First Hilton brand in Hobart,

Well located in Macquarie Street, about 5-10 mins walk to the docks precinct. Scheduled opening later this year.

1715470786246.png

A win for Hilton, there are a lot of Accor hotels around the area and the Luxury Collection Tasman can get a bit pricey. A new Doubletree would do I guess.

I actually quite like the DT brand, some are a bit hit and miss, but feel they're good value.

Rare in the US.. more common in Asia.
But.. cookies.

Anyhow good to see operators realising not everything has to be an Accor.

Sadly anything with the Hilton brand in Australia has jacked up prices for equivalent hotels of other brands.

Maybe relying on inbound US travellers paying in USD.

Sadly anything with the Hilton brand in Australia has jacked up prices for equivalent hotels of other brands.

and used to paying US prices - which are out of control! o_O

and used to paying US prices - which are out of control! o_O

So we go back to staying in the quite nice Ibis Styles and shun the inflated prices! :)
(I did have a fairly enjoyable 8 day and night enforced stay at Ibis Styles a couple of years ago!)

A good thing for HBA although MEL is still lacking for HH guests I reckon.

Still, HBA is better than MEL anyway!

This hotel now marked as 'coming soon' on the Hilton website, that was fast.

Just found this on the web site

Located in the Central Business District, we’re within minutes of shops, restaurants, historic sites, and the Constitution Dock. Battery Point Sculpture Trail 628, offering views of Derwent River, Short Beach Hobart Tasmania, and Bay Village Shopping Centre are within two kilometers.

Never heard of the sculpture trail - but I see its there; you definitely wouldn't want to go swimming at Short Beach (even though its in "Hobart, Tasmania")! The Bay Village Shopping Centre is a dead loss. They should have stopped at the first sentence. :)

Might not too many bookings by phone

1723028198882.png

I'll give 'em a stay when they open & do a review.

Last edited:
Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Staff online

Back