Double points in October - Signature

Status
Not open for further replies.

tim374

I was thinking somebody else would post this, but maybe the email was targeted. I'll switch my spending for the month, can't say no to effectively 2 Velocity points per dollar.

Spend on your Citibank Rewards Credit Card - Signature ending in xx_x three times or more in October and we'll double your reward points1. This is available up to a total of 20,000 points earned, after which your regular points earn rate will apply. Excludes International and Bonus

No need to apply - this one's on us.

1. Promotion applies to retail purchases, excluding all International transactions, bonus partners, cash advances, refunds, balance transfers and special promotions. In most instances bonus points will be added to account at the time of purchasing, but it may take up to 10 weeks after the promotion. This promotion is valid between 1 October and 31 October 2014.

I got this offer too.

I’m a bit worried about using the card for purchases though as I currently have a 0% balance transfer on it. I don’t want to have to pay out the balance transfer just to avoid paying interest on the purchases.

Oh. I had this offer for September and October. Ignored it. They've sent me a better offer for October. Triple points. Might just do it.

Oh. I had this offer for September and October. Ignored it. They've sent me a better offer for October. Triple points. Might just do it.

Medhead, what's your spend like on the card? I want in on the double points!

My husband received an offer today - spend on any supermarket purchase in October and we'll triple your reward points, up to a total of 20000 bonus points. So on a signature card would that mean 1.5 points x 3 = 4.5 points per $1. if so, better than Amex platinum where you get 3 points per $1 supermarket spend, but when you transfer Citibank points to Krisflyer or Velocity it will still work out the same as transferring amex points.

I got offer in snail mail for triple points at supermarkets for October

I got this too. But I have my 2nd 0% 6 month BT sitting on it so won't be taking it. I actually haven't purchased anything on the card - just used it for BT.

My husband received an offer today - spend on any supermarket purchase in October and we'll triple your reward points, up to a total of 20000 bonus points. So on a signature card would that mean 1.5 points x 3 = 4.5 points per $1. if so, better than Amex platinum where you get 3 points per $1 supermarket spend, but when you transfer Citibank points to Krisflyer or Velocity it will still work out the same as transferring amex points.

Yes instant excitement when I received a letter with triple points offer in it.

Instant disappointment when I read it was only on supermarket spend, as it is no better than my Amex Edge Card in terms of KF points. Why could it ave not been for any other type of spend :(

They haven't offered me any double/promo points on this card... probably because we've spent enough on it to get enough points for our MEL-LHR SQ Suites trip next year :)

I never received a letter, but I've had a big month this month so I hope I have good news on my statement :)

I had the same double points offer on a Velocity Rewards Card (Issued by Citibank) in April this year.

I hadn't used the card at all for a few months, (as I only use for the 2-4-1 Flights) so I assume it was a targeted promotion to re-activate dormant cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back