Do you lose your Amex offers if your card is used fraudulently and is replaced?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeeWillyWonka

As the title says, my card had fraudulent activity on it (sleep with one eye open whoever you are!) so I rang Amex and they cancelled it. However, I had 20 Amex offers saved to it. Anyone know if I lose those with the new card?

They should transfer over if the card number stays the same.

Don't know answer, but interested to see how it is resolved for you.

I suspect that you would loose them if a new number is issued.

Don't know answer, but interested to see how it is resolved for you.

I suspect that you would loose them if a new number is issued.

Amex advised that all the offers saved were lost with the cancellation of the card .....BUT.....because the card was cancelled due to fraud, the rep advised that I can still make the purchase using the new card and if no statement credit comes through within 5 days I can raise a case with Amex who will investigate the purchase and then make a manual credit on the account. I repeated this back to Amex and it was all correct.

Amex advised that all the offers saved were lost with the cancellation of the card .....BUT.....because the card was cancelled due to fraud, the rep advised that I can still make the purchase using the new card and if no statement credit comes through within 5 days I can raise a case with Amex who will investigate the purchase and then make a manual credit on the account. I repeated this back to Amex and it was all correct.

You'd have to be happy with that result.

I'll repeat what I have said a few times recently in other threads "Other banks can learn a lot from AMEX"

Yes, very happy. And I repeat your sentiments regarding Amex vs. other banks. Amex made the fraud claim very easy and quick (the money was refunded to my account after 4 days!).

If yoiu can, you would be advised to sign up again with the new number. It saves time chasing things up. Of course, this won't work if the quotas are filled....

If yoiu can, you would be advised to sign up again with the new number. It saves time chasing things up. Of course, this won't work if the quotas are filled....

Where do I find the manual enrolment links? In particular, the one for The Langham.

Last edited:
When my number changed earlier this year after fraudulent activity not all offers transferred across. In fact not sure any offers transferred across. The one I was worried about was a Qantas offer and this was processed manually with the consultant following up.

Nice idea but all the quotas are filled. No surprises there so I'll see what happens when I submit a claim in retrospect.

I'm happy to report that claiming the statement credit for the card that was stolen was quick and hassle-free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back