DJ Amex - MR points available to transfer immediately?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rock86

Established Member
Hi all,

With the DJ Amex, once your payments settle are the points available to transfer out to eligible parters? Or does it sweep across each month to a MR account similar to QFF Amex point sweeps?

Hi all,

With the DJ Amex, once your payments settle are the points available to transfer out to eligible parters? Or does it sweep across each month to a MR account similar to QFF Amex point sweeps?

You can transfer out instantly airlines and hotels points minimum applied

What is the processing time generally of the card? Last couple of normal cards have been instant, not this one.

What is the processing time generally of the card? Last couple of normal cards have been instant, not this one.

It was instant on my exp when i applied for DJ while holding Explorer , Amex already know your history and don't need any paperwork at all . When you received the card just do 3 small purchase at petrol station or supermarket to activate to bonus points and if you decided to not keep the card cancel it right after points transfer without paying for annual fee which is charged after couple of weeks . It was a great card for me and i keep it for supermarket and fuel 3x points / $

and if you looking to transfer to SPG Before August make sure you link your SPG as soon as you setup your online account it could take up to 3 days for SPG to link up properly .

Thanks for that info again Bill, very helpful.:):)

I had the QF Amex Ultimate which I cancelled a few days prior, so no current Amex accounts, but surely they'd still have all the relevant info on hand (although I will need a MR account set-up).

I plan on doing the purchases as soon as I get the card and then upgrading to the Platinum when the points post, as in the T&C's you're still eligible for the platinum bonus points.

Then once Platinum is received will be referring my better half and father for them to gain SPG points also.

But all this is dependant on time as I want to get in before 1 August - should have started this earlier!!

I have an AMEX login from my cancelled AMEX QF Ultimate, can you activate the DJ card through the normal AMEX login? Or you must go through davidjones.com.au?

Answered my own question, it looks like the exactly same 'activation' screnn no matter whether you go through AMEX or DJ.com.au

Can a DJ card be linked to Ascent Premium if you have a Platinum Charge, or does that only work for 'pure' Amex cards?

Can a DJ card be linked to Ascent Premium if you have a Platinum Charge, or does that only work for 'pure' Amex cards?

DJ Cards are completely separate, I had to even create new users for both myself and my wife (as have others on this forum too).

Thanks.

Bugger, so the points are only worth half as much for conversion to KF, then?

Unfortunately yes, SPG was only the really thing that made the DJ Amex a valuable prospect IMO - otherwise the QF earn is the way to go on the DJ going forward - if even worth getting at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back